X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R2D2 Plugin needed!

http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...12_041028.html

http://www.whiteboxrobotics.com/

Should be possible to make it wirelessly controllable from the HS computer.

It could run HS itself!

How does the license work? Do you need a separate license per machine or is it per home?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

hmm new PDA or robot, thanks for screwing up my Christmas wish list
      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
      (aka xplosiv)
      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

That's pretty darn neat, especially that they said it would be about the price of a PC.

I wonder, though, by price of a PC, do they mean an emachines, HP/Compaq/Dell, or Alienware/FalconNW.... Prices from $300 to $6000.
        John
        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
        Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
        HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

The Pre-order price seemed to indicate it would be between $699 ane $799 for the barebones config.
          HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
          (aka xplosiv)
          Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is the 912 fully functional right out of the box?

No. Initially, the 912 is offered as a “do-it-yourself” platform. After purchasing the 912, users add their own parts and peripherals (i.e. hard drives, DVD / CD-Burners, web cams, etc.) to produce a fully functional machine. Almost any parts that work in a PC will work in the 912. Any PC store in the world becomes your own personal robot parts bin! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, let's say $800 for the barebones, plus another $300 for the bare minimum (IMO: HDD, WebCam(s), Soundcard, DVDRW [for backup]. Add another $150 if you need to supply the OS (XP Pro, so you can RDP your way around the house while you're gone.)

Instead of having a multicam setup, you can have the 912 patrol the house for you, reacting to sound (hears sound in bedroom, goes to investigates) and yelling at the car when he's somewhere he's not supposed to be (maybe a servo and water bottle attachment to squirt the cat when he's being bad )

I'd like to see a "bareer-bones" version that is essentially just the case, drive system, and IO card that you could add you own Mobo, proc, RAM, batts, etc too - maybe save a couple of bucks, esp if you already have these things laying around (like I do)... Oh wait, reading the FAQ pretty much says all you get for your $ is the case, batts and drive system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can my company become a distributor for the 912?

Company's interested in becoming a distributor for the 912 and other White Box products should contact info@whiteboxrobotics.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo, Martin!
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Yo, Honey! You were asking what I wanted for Christmas........
              My system is described in my profile.

Comment

I like the idea of robots combined with home automation. I'm hoping to be able to do something with Homeseer and my AIBO.

http://www.us.aibo.com/

Ed

Comment

Working...
                X