Before I buy questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I buy questions?

Before I invest in the items here I thought I would ask some questions that would help me decide, so maybe the people here with experience in this can answer the following for me...

What is so different from the Z-wave verses the x10 items?

Why do the z-wave items cost so much more?

Is the z-wave compatible with the x10 items?

Does anyone else use the z-wave technology or can these be purchased throughout the web?

What does the software cost?

Anything else that users can tell me about would be helpful. I understand how the x10 items work but many say they are not reliable right now.

Thanks

I guess I'll try to answer some.
    Zwave uses radio frequency waves to control the modules, x-10 sends the signal over the power line.
    I think the items cost more because they are new to the market, but also because there might be more to making them???
    Zwave is not compatable to x-10 is the simple answer, the more complicated answer is with Homeseer you can trigger a zwave device off of an x-10 device change and vise versa.

Hope this helps a little. Try searching for zwave either here or on the web for more information on it.

Comment

Welcome to the HS BB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by john510:
      Before I invest in the items here I thought I would ask some questions that would help me decide, so maybe the people here with experience in this can answer the following for me...

What is so different from the Z-wave verses the x10 items?
      Already answered

Why do the z-wave items cost so much more?
      Actually Z-Wave switches are a lot cheaper than comparable X10 switches. Have a look at the Switchlinc line of switches at Smarthome to get a good comparison of features and quality

Is the z-wave compatible with the x10 items?
      These are two totally different technologies and although they are not interchangeable there is absolutely no problem having both installed at the same time and using HS to control both at the same time.

Does anyone else use the z-wave technology or can these be purchased throughout the web?
      Yes these products can be purchased at HST, AutomatedOutlet, and various other home automation vendors.

What does the software cost?
      What software? HS?

Anything else that users can tell me about would be helpful. I understand how the x10 items work but many say they are not reliable right now.
      X10 can be very reliable if you use a coupler/repeater (in the US) and get a handle on X10 related noise of which a few users have. The noise can be controlled by using X10 noise filters.

Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
      X