No announcement yet.

BrightSpeech Voices, do you want them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave look 7 or 8 posts up or down, depending on how you have the BB sorted, for Riches post. He basically states that they are not set up to take preorders yet.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I appreciated that Rupp,

That's what I figured based on my reading of the posts, but I am jumping in what feels like 'Late In The Game', and wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked somthing perhaps in another thread.

I will simply keep an eye out for new posts!

Thanks...

Dave Haig

Comment

Dave,
        Rich's response will be posted in this sticky and will generate a lot of traffic so just keep an eye on it. BTW welcome to the HS BB.

Comment

I'm still using the AT&T voices, and have absolutely no interest in changing name brands. Unfortunately, the poll has no option for this choice.

Toby

Comment

French voices

I haven't went through all the thread. Of course most of the replies are refering to US English voices.

A) Will French Julie be also available? I'm still stuck with an older MS voice that is not even in the Natural category. I suppose that to Babel, a voice is a voice. I'd be glad to increase the pre-order quantity by (1).

B) As anyone checked.

http://www.scansoft.com/realspeak/default.asp#language

The initial SDK licencing is $2,500 and then a loyalty of $?? per unit. Not sure how this compares with BrightSpeech set-up terms with HS. The French Canadian voices are hawsome. The US ones...probably below BrightSpeech.

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for your warm welcome,

Your board is really excellent.

I can certainly appreciate the energy that you folks put into it!

Dave Haig

Comment

Trcobb,
                I have the ATT voices also. I tried the Heather voice and my wife said she liked the ATT voices better. I actually like the Heather pronunciation better than ATT, but I found that for Hs and especially Hsphone, that Heather sounds muffled and not as sharp as Crystal.
                Stuart

Comment

After using Heather for some time now my wife commented that Heather's voice is anoying so I went back to Paul. I also found it hard to discern the names when Heather announcing the CID info from all parts of the house. Maybe her voice gets muffled with back ground noises easier.

Oh well the wife saved me some $$$.. hahahaha

John
                  John

Comment

WoW!

<!--StartFragment --> Michel, Wow they have a lot of great voices! I honestly wish people would stop posting these voice links! I just makes me want what I cant have heheheheh!

I still am going to purchase Heather, when HST releases it. But I have to say that THIS voice is simply AMAZING. I swear this technology is moving faster than any of us could possibly keep up with.
                    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                    www.JohnWPB.com
                    Created with LCARS

Comment

I personally like "Tom" the best (US English male):
                      ftp://ftp.scansoft.com/products/realspeak/enu_tom.wav

That's about the only one I would consider, doubt we can afford these tho

You can create your own demo by going to http://www.scansoft.com/realspeak/demo/text.asp , time to compare these with all the other voices we have. After trying some typical lines used in my HA setup, I have to say that Tom really sounds incredible.
                      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                      (aka xplosiv)
                      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Hey E you better not let Heather hear you say that. She might get jealous!!! hahahahaahaha

John
                        John

Comment

As long as she doesn't pull a HAL (as in the movie) on me, I don't care
                          HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                          (aka xplosiv)
                          Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Hi All,

This thread has been awful quiet lately!

Is there any ray of hope that this to go to the next level?

Dave

Comment

Still moving forward, stay tuned....

Comment

Good to hear Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X