No announcement yet.

My first spoofed CID received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get called by "The Kirby Vacuum Company"?

Comment

Is it possible to use wildcards in HSP? Why, becuase it would take a lot of entries to get all combinations of 000 area code or 555 prefic numbers in the phonebook. Can we use something like:

000-***-****
      and
      ***-555-****
      ?
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

John,

You can wildcard the name using the name matching field, but unfortunately not the number part unless you write a custom script for it.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I have a script that runs upon caller ID received. It uses the HSP address book to reformat names and makes use of the CID Group field which I use to denote who the call is likely to be for.

The script dumps private calls and suggests that out-of-area calls are from my work (entire company uses a prefix and the caller ID is not available). Based upon this discussion, I would like to answer the 000 and 555 calls, play SIT.WAV over the phone line and then hangup. How would I do this?

hsp.LINEAnswer 1
          hsp.LINEPlayWav SIT.WAV <- ?
          hsp.LINEhangup 1

BTW, once I figure that out, I would be glad to post code snippet of my script.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Just started receiving calls from 111-111-1111, 2's, 3's,and through 8's.

I took one HSP phone book entry and filled in all the number spaces, Home, Business, Fax, Cell, etc with one of them and set it up to answer with the sit tones and hangup. So far, it has worked pretty well and only took one phone book entry spot. I labeled it with the name GARBAGE. The name fits..

Comment

I put in a feature request for wild cards a long time ago, but the 'name matching' text did what I needed so I didn't pursue it.

Do you think we should request wild cards for the numbers again?

~Bill

Comment

caller ID spoofing will be something that can be done more easily as time goes on. modern PBX systems (including the one in my work office) that use PRI type trunks are able to send the number they wish displayed on the receiving party's line. this was created for the purpose of offices like mine where we all have our own direct inward dial numbers.. when i call out and leave someone amessage i want the call to come back to me so my phone system displays my direct number on the receiver's caller ID. the phone company didnt use to allow this data from PBX's. in a matter of seconds i can change the identity of my office phone to be anything I want, an 800 number, ny real office, my home phone, etc. PRI used to be very expensive both from telco and on the equipment side.. but it is very cheap now.. so get ready to see more caller ID spoofing unfortunately..
                -christopher
                PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
                X