messages always start in mailbox 1 not default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

messages always start in mailbox 1 not default

When HS calls to announce that a new message has been left, it gives the option to play the message. However, it is always in mailbox 1, instead of mailbox default (where the message was actually left). Thus, I have to go through a couple extra menu prompts to switch to the default mailbox (was really a pain when I had 3 mailboxes and had to go through all of them to get back to default). Is everyone experiencing this or is it a bug I should report?

Jay Fro

(Current Setup in Profile)

Jay,

This is probably a dumb question but did you set your default mailbox to be number 1?

When you look at the mailboxes panel, I believe the default shows up as bold text.

Comment

Well, good question. In my case, I didn't have accurate info in my original post. The default mailbox is actually mailbox 1 and the second mailbox is mailbox 2. When HSP calls me with a new voice message, it always starts in mailbox 2, even though the message was left in mailbox 1 (the default). Thus, I enter my PIN, then 1 to listen to messages. It then says, there are no new messages, hit 2 to go to next mailbox, so I hit 2, then I am in "mailbox default" and it plays the messages it called me about.

Jay Fro

Comment

Jay For,

We had noticed these inconcistencies too. Right now I don't have an answer, but it seems to me there is a work around.

Are you using a phone script to do this? Is it the "<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">canned</span>" one or did you mod it?

Comment

I am using the canned OOA multiple. No mods. However, I have since removed one of the 3 mailboxes, and now, when I get a call, it does start in the default box. So, I think one of the symptoms is 3 mailboxes being setup. Haven't added a 3rd back in to prove it out though...

Jay Fro

Comment

What mailbox is it that corresponds with the PIN number that you enter to access the system in the first place?
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

They all have the same pin number.

Jay Fro

Comment

Working...
              X