FYI - Paging and HSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - Paging and HSP

I've not seen this documented or on the board, so I thought I would pass on information I got from Rich.

Whole house paging via the phone is possible with HSP and the HS Modem.

Simply patch the modem audio out to your sound card's line in.

Pick up the phone and hit pound. After HSP answers simply hit 4# . You will hear "Paging enabled". Talk away. The modem routes to the sound card and you have whole house paging via the phone.

Works very well.

-Rob

I wonder if there is a way to route sounds back into the modem card. I have microphones around the house and would like to be able to monitor whats going on in the house from the phone line. Any ideas ?
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Way2Call Hi-Phone?

Does this work with the Way2Call Hi-Phone? I tried patching the Headset to my soundcard line in with no luck. I'm not sure if it's a config issue or if it won't work.

Comment

As for the way2call, you cannot page since there is no audio out. The headset jack is connected in parallel with the phone jack. There is a command to enable one or the other, but not both. This is why HSP does not support the headset jack, since when its enabled, all the phones in the house would be dead! In theory there might be a way to do paging. The Hi-Phone has an AUX audio device. This can be used to record a conversation. Just use any sound recorder to record from the AUX device while a call is active. If this audio could be routed to the PC sound card, you could then hear anything that was spoken on the phone. Not sure if there is an application available that will do this, it sounds like a mixer function.

-Rich
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried using # 4# and don't get the prompt 'Paging Enabled'. (<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">It might be because I am using my own script/plugin.</span>)

If so then what would be a proper solution?

Comment

Take a look at the stock internal ivr script that ships with hsp. You'll see the prompt and code there.

-Rob

Comment

Rob,

I'll try your suggestion tonite. I spoke with my associate, and I think I might have plugged into the wrong jacks. My eyesight ain't so good these days and that lightly stamped graphic on the modem card mount is really hard to see!

Comment

Boy, I hear you there and unfortunately have to agree

-Rob

Comment

Rob,

One other thought...

I only have a stereo audio cable, and I doubt the modem is stereo. I don't think this will be a problem. What kind of connections did you use?

Comment

I just used a stereo cable. Seems to work fine.

-Rob

Comment

Sorry for not posting sooner.
                      Everything works fine.
                      Since this is an undocumented feature, whom knows how to call it from some script? Is there a function call? What is the proper way to use this, beyond pressing #4?

A little inside info would be helpful, since one can't rely on up to date documentation from HomeSeer.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My eyesight ain't so good these days and that lightly stamped graphic on the modem card mount is really hard to see!
                        GenevaDude <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lightly stamped is the keyword. Stuff isn't marked as well as it used to be.
                        Try a small headlamp like this Petzl unit .
                        I took a part time job at Cabela's and have picked up some cool stuff that ended up in my networking bag. I use my headlamp a lot. The wife might laugh at first but ignore it. It's great to have a bright light right where you need it and those LED based units last really well.
                        Besides, when our power went out and I could walk around the house with light, she wasn't laughing then....

Comment

Working...
                        X