Message Waiting Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message Waiting Indicator

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I can't find any recent info on anyone's success (or failure).

Is is it possible to get the Message Waiting Indicator light to work (on properly equipped phones) by sending the appropriate FSK signal (i.e. as generated by CIDImage or other such program)?

I'm guessing that someone has got the "On" and "Off" versions of the signal in wave file format and has probably tried to do this.

Is it possible that this will be a feature that is added to HSP??

Thanks,

- matt

I may be wrong, but I thought the FSK frequency was an out-of-band signal (e.g. outside of 8KHz) thus unable to be transmitted by sending a WAV file over the line via the phone hardware.

The Hi-Phone technically is apparently capable of this and Way2Call has said they are investigating this functionality. When they have it working, we will of course add it to HSP.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I'm using the Way2Call, so a solution from them would be ideal. Any idea on when they might provide a way to do this (and potentially any CID information so that custom messages could be displayed on the phones).

Thanks,

- matt

Comment

Any news on this? I am trying to ween my wife off PacBell's voicemail and having HS light the message waiting lights on the phones would be very helpful.

Thanks,
        Frob

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frobnitz:
          Any news on this? I am trying to ween my wife off PacBell's voicemail and having HS light the message waiting lights on the phones would be very helpful.

Thanks,
          Frob <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check this thread: http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...5&r=9176019185

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X