Email voice messages not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email voice messages not working.

I can't get HSP to email me the voice messages that are left in the mailbox. Email alerts in HS work fine.

Is there any way to send a test message from HSP? I don't even get a log entry that it even tries to send an email message and fails. All the log shows is Caller ID, Call Answered, then Info.

Thanks

I too have noticed that the email forwarding seems to be broken. I'm not 100% sure which upgrade seems to have broken the feature (as it WAS working before).

Is there some way to turn on increased logging to see if any errors are being generated, etc?

Thanks!
    -Zac

Comment

Can we get some answers to these questions from someone with Homeseer? I'd say that the combined cost of homeseer phone software and hardware should give us a lil priority regarding support.

Apparently a recent change to HSPhone has disabled the "email messages" feature. Can someone please investigate this and let us know if it can be replicated and some way to turn on increased logging to see where the problem lies?

Thanks,
      -Zac

Comment

I can't respond to all versions, but I can tell you I'm running the latest beta, 2.0.130, and this feature does seem to be working fine for me. Of course, as a caveat, this version has trouble leaving the receiver off-hook at times, and it doesn't correctly speak the Call ID when the number isn't in the phonebook.

Make sure you check that your login name, password, etc is correct, and make sure your mail account will accept messages of the size that HomeSeer will send. Your return address also has to be correct, or some ISPs will reject it.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, as I don't use it, but there is a checkbox in HSP 2.x to enable saving recorded messages in MP3 format - it's in the General tab. If that isn't checked, it may not send emails.

I have noticed that I can't play the MP3s HSP makes in v2.0.30 on normal players, like Winamp or WMP.

- Gordon

"Security is EVERYONE'S business!"
          |
          | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
          HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

-Rupp
            Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

2.0.130 being used here. Email notification and email retrieval of voice mail also working. I DO NOT have save as MP3 checked.

Peace,

Dave

Comment

First MP3s. I found that when you check the MP3 box, it does create file in MP3 format, but it gets called a wav. If you save the file and rename it as an mp3 it plays fine...and the quality of the file is VERY CLEAR. I am running 20115. Not sure if it ran OK with a previous version.

Email. This function tries to work if I use the MAPI function. Unfortunately, Lookout and Lookout Express intercepts the email and askes you if you really want it to be sent. If you are not in front of the PC, the message doesn't get sent. (Anyone know how to shut this "feature" of in either Lookout?) The email function did work fine on the HSP version I got on my CD. (1.00.0 something)

I have also noticed that the greeting cuts out if the volume is turned up enough to hear it! :-) Anything past 55% and the message sounds over modulated and cuts out consistantly on certain words. People with cheap or low volume phones have a difficult time hearing the message.... This might be a symptom caused by my $11 modem however........

One more thing I noticed the other day with 2x. I used to be able to change the greeting depending on the time of day. I no longer can find this function. Is it done differently now and I am just not looking hard enough?

Aside from these little bugs, 2x, as an answering machine works pretty well.

Rob

Comment

I just started using HSPhone after geting the HSPhone PCI voice modem as a Christmas gift. Setup went perfectly, and I was up and runing right away. Emailing of messages is the ony thing I can't get to work. I've tried it with and without the MP3 box checked. Here's what my log looks like when geting a call:
                  <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">12/27/2003 05:37:41 PM~!~Call answered~!~External call
                  12/27/2003 05:38:07 PM~!~Info~!~Call ended on line 1 Length: 0:00:22
                  12/27/2003 05:38:38 PM~!~Info~!~Sending email To: nunyabizness@nowhere.com,</pre>
                  of course nunyabizness@nowhere.com was put in place of the real addresses for this post.

Anyway, the log says it happens, but outlook never does anything with the message, it never even appears in drafts or outbox. Emailing from within HomeSeer inresponse to other events works fine.

John | My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | See My Profile for system configuration
                  John
                  Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                  Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                  HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                  Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I'm having the same problem. In fact, I can't even get the messages to play via the webpage. Winamp and windows media both complain about a bad file format. I think this may be because the website serves up files with a .wav extension but I have set convert to mp3.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X