Intel/Dialogic ProLine/2V Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel/Dialogic ProLine/2V Support?

I've been thinking about getting back into using HomeSeer Phone for a while, but due to all the issues I've heard with the pricey Way2Call modem, and the HS PCI Modem not being available, doesn't seem like there is currently a good option out there...

I was wondering if any consideration was given to adding support for the Intel/Dialogic voice boards, specifically the ProLine/2V.

At under $400 and supporting 2 lines, this would seem like a better choice than the Way2Call, espec. considering that I imagine the drivers for the Dialogic is MUCH more mature. Price isn't much higher than a Way2Call, and eBay has them regularly for around $200.

Or, how about some of the other Dialogic cards. There are also 4 port cards for under $500 - while I know that most of us don't have that many lines (and I think HS Phone only supports 2, correct), still is cheaper than buying 2 Way2Calls...

And of course other vendors have other voice boards available.

Personally, I would think that supporting such a board as this would really make HS Phone shine in its capabilities, instead of getting distracted by driver problems, lockups, etc (and I've been following the Way2Call discussion on/off ever since it has been released with HS Phone, never got a warm fuzzy about this being something I would want to purchase because of the issues).

Did you ever get any responses...

I have reached a dead-end with the PCI-modem since it can't (or won't) flash the line.

I wrote one of the first comercial Auto-attendants 20 some years ago using Dialogic... So I really want to be able to FLASH...

Did you ever get anywhere with Dialogic or Rhetorex ??

Bob

PS...2-port ISA Dialogic cards are $20 with a warranty...

Comment

I asked the same question about Dialogic support several years ago and never got any response. I don't know of any development effort that would allow Dialogic hardware to work with HomeSeer. I did ask HST and they have no plans to support the Dialogic hardware.

In the past I tried extensively to use the PCI modem, but I was not satisfied with the performance (the hardware is not capable of performing far-end disconnect detection by monitoring the current loop), so software must attempt to detect this which is problematic. I have had a 4-port PCI Dialogic board with FXO ports running for several years now and it has been rock solid for use as an answering machine for multiple lines simultaneously along with perfect caller ID decoding. It took an exact sequence to get the drivers installed, but once that was done it has performed incredibly well.

Comment

With the death of the PCI modem it MAY come up again...

Don't know...I can wish...

Comment

Working...
        X