Help with caller id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with caller id

Ok, tis I again.. I am using the HAL PCI voice portal modem, works fine... However, I have my phone book with the names and numbers of friends etc. When I get a call, the number IS recognised as it announces the caller, ie 07941*****1 "Terry is calling on his mobile," thats announced fine, but in the LOG it logs the number but has a blank space for the NAME tag.

So when I look in the homeseer webpage log it has all UKNOWN as the callers.

Any ideas?

Cunning Terry,

Correct me on this, please, but isn't it correct that in the UK you only get numeric CID, no name information (as we have here in the colonies)? I believe that the log only shows the number and name of the caller, as supplied by the telephone company. Thus, if I am correct with my statement above, you won't see any name information, as it wasn't supplied by BT.

Cheers!

--David

Comment

Ahaaaaaaaaaa now that makes a LOT of sense. I thought that the caller id was the phone number and the NAME was pulled from the phone book, I had`nt realised it was actually pulled from the phone line, bugger, what to do now.

Maybe theres a script that matches on phone number and gets the name from the phone book, if not why not? hahaha Think Ill need to prod that Jon00, he is UK and very script enabled... how bout it Jon?

Comment

Check out the phoneWeb plugin. It has a caller ID page that does display by matching up the phone number to the entry in the HomeSeer Phone Phonebook.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes, do take a look at the phoneWeb plug-in. It is INCREDIBLE! Your WAF will go through the roof with this one.

--David

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Kindred:
            Yes, do take a look at the phoneWeb plug-in. It is INCREDIBLE! Your WAF will go through the roof with this one.

--David <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Ok OK.. I conceed, curiosity is gonna get my *** whooped but I just gotta ask.... what is WAF? I just know Im gonna kick meself when you tell me..

Phoneweb plug... sounds like I have to pay for that one

Comment

Wife Acceptance Factor
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ROFLOL omg.... crikey I got a wife here must have ZERO WAF then.. she h8s all this, mind you she likes me Roomba

Comment

OK,
                  one for you now. What's ROF
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rolls On Floor Laughing Out Loud &gt;&gt; I spend 24 / 7 on IRC so I tend to use stuff from there, I normally edit it out

Comment

Dude your lucky if your have high WAF on your Roomba!

ROFLMFAO - rolls on floor, laughing my (fool) arse off
                      Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
                      X