No announcement yet.

Opinions on DHL shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure you are going to get consistent results on this poll as I suspect it has a lot to do with local variations. You might want to consider giving at least two options.
    We shipped all over the country from 7 different distribution points, and DHL was a disaster nationwide.
    tenholde

Comment

from a Canadian perspective, I prefer USPS. Most of the problems that I encounter are due to customers and brokerage delays and costs. I have found the USPS is most often the "easiest" for me.

I can't remember when I've ordered something and it's come DHL, so can't say one way or the other.... but Fedex of UPS have caused me all kinds of problems.

Comment

Dell sometimes ships through DHL.

Last winter, they left a server on my doorstep, right under the facia. Didn't ring the door, didn't ask for a server. The box was soaked, but the server was ok.

Of course, UPS and FedEx drop and run, too. But, usually they're a bit more cautious with computers.

Comment

DHL seldom delivers packages here. If they have one, it is more likely to be delivered by USPS.

But, as luck would have it, a package arrived via DHL today. I was mowing the lawn, and the driver handed me the package instead of taking it to the house!

In the past, we have had some trouble with DHL drivers leaving packages at the wrong address (computer maps put our house in the wrong town). Overall, I am pleased with UPS and FedX. Much less pleased with USPS package delivery. Data on DHL are limited, but not good.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Would not use them if my life depended on it. Never seem to deliever to the right address. Shipping is always delayed for some reason. My observations are only from a corporate stand point. I have never used them personally.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              HomeSeer is considering using DHL for shipping. Please take a moment and take our poll. Your feedback is important to us.
              Althought I live in The Netherlands, DHL would be the best option for me. I'm not always at home when packages are delivered and DHL has pickup points not too far away.

The nearest UPS pickup point is almost 100km's alway.

In The Netherlands both UPS and DHL require signatures..

Comment

I know that it adds complexity, but I would prefer an ordering process that allows me to choose the carrier, and level of service, and see the prices for the options.

I would pick UPS 3 day or FedEx Overnight most of the time, and USPS about a week service the rest of the time. Although I haven't had problems with DHL here in FL, I wouldn't choose them over the others.

Comment

In The Netherlands both UPS and DHL require signatures..
                  I'am pretty sure needing a signature all depends of the shipping service you requested from them.

Regards,

Richard (also the Netherlands)

;-) and yes, I prefer DHL since it is a European company :-)

Comment

I work in the IT group for a large engineering and construction firm. We ship a lot of IT equipment from the home office to job sites or job sites to job sites.

We switched from DHL to UPS a year or so ago and it has been a disaster. Equipment damaged and lost. UPS said we were not packaging it properly but we have been shipping servers, printers and the like out for years and know how to package equipment. We never had these issues with DHL.

For personal stuff, I never had issues with either.

Comment

DHL Shipping

I' ve had several issues with DHL - shipping and receiving - tracking when there was a problem was a joke - have had far fewer problems with UPS of Fedex but not nobodies perfect. Can you offer more than one service?

Comment

I am not in a position to give an opinion on HS shipping in the US, however, I can only hope your system works as well as, if not better, than ours.

When considering the change I wonder if they would give some thought to the cost to the rest of this Planet called Planet Earth.

In case you are in any doubt what Planet earth is Mr Brower, it is the round thing that Charles Gray spins at the beginning and end of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you do not have a copy I can ship you a PAL copy at a cheaper price than HS.

A year or so ago, to purchase a HSM was a good bargain until you got to the checkout and discovered that the shipping to the UK was, from memory slightly more than the cost of the modem!

I think HS does have to address it's shipping charges, but not only for within the USA, but also for the rest of the planet called Earth that they have infiltrated. And any other Planet for that matter.

Perhaps we are we helping to support the US economy (Strange, Mr Bill Brower, how US has a double meaning over here, probably a political reference, anyway) or is it a War debt thing.

Apart for I trying to be humerus, I think HS should address there shipping costs, especially outside the US.
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

No fair bagging on people who aren't subscribed (before now) to the thread!

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                            No fair bagging on people who aren't subscribed (before now) to the thread!
                            No, no fair, but thought you would like it.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              HomeSeer is considering using DHL for shipping. Please take a moment and take our poll. Your feedback is important to us.

Why change?

I am in the Uk, and the last time I bought from you it arrived safe and sound two days later!

My only comment was that Uk shipping is not the cheapest and does prevent some purchases due to high shipping cost. USPS might be an option for those lower value items that dont need rapid transport!

DJ
                              ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                                No, no fair, but thought you would like it.
                                I always appreciate hearing from you, oh great (grate?) one!

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X