How do I configure the PowerLinc Port setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I configure the PowerLinc Port setting

After reinstalling my Windows OS and HomeSeer, I am getting the following error in my log:
    Initializing X10 Plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc U On COM Port 1
    Unable to initialize X-10 interface SmartHome PowerLinc U :Either no license or trial has expired
    Finished initializing X10 interface SmartHome PowerLinc U

Note the COM Port 1 in the first log entry. Before reinstalling, the log entry indicated the PowerLinc was on USB and the plugin would initialize. So how do I configure the plugin? I cannot get to the Settings/Interface config button for the interface. Disabled is displayed and if I click it, it remains disabled. Or is this a sign that the plugin cannot see my device on the USB port?

HomeSeer version is: 2.2.0.66
    SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.13
    Windows XP SP2
    Same PC Hardware - Just reinstalled the OS
    Tried power cycling PC and PowerLink device
    Last edited by Murph; December 21, 2007, 04:29 PM. Reason: Added software version info

i have a similar setup.

On the setup/interface page the Port (next to the the powerlinc usb entry) says "N/A".

in my config/settings.ini there is the following entry

gSelectedx10Interface=SmartHome PowerLinc USB

do you have both of these?

also, when you initially plugged in the powerlinc, did XP find a HID driver (you should see that in the device manager
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I decided to restore my original HS directory (complete folder of "c:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2") and the PowerLinc plugin loaded without any problem. So I knew it was not a hardware or XP driver issue.
      Today I copied back the new installation and once again it failed to load. After thinking about what you said, I compared the setup.ini files and of course saw the difference in the gSelectedx10Interface setting. For what ever reason, the new installation's setup.ini file contained the truncated "SmartHome PowerLinc U" string. I ignored this yesterday thinking that this must be correct. I changed the setting to "SmartHome PowerLinc USB" and it is now working.

Summary:
      If anyone else encounters this error, check your Config\settings.ini file and verify that:
      gSelectedx10Interface=SmartHome PowerLinc USB
      In my case, my installation (a new install of HS 2.2.0.66) truncated the entry by omitting the last two characters.

Comment

Murph,
        Can you please put in a help desk ticket on this. I've seen this reported twice over the last couple of weeks.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The same thing just happened to me after an update. With my CM11A interface. The last letter of the device is missing. This caused a problem with my ocelot too.

Something is screwed up here.

Comment

Same thing here with my Xanura CTX35. This uses the TI-103 driver. After installing this It didn't look like the interface was enabled but I noticed this error message.

After changing the .ini file line it works (well, it doesn't but that's a different problem ;-)

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
            X