Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Leviton Coupler/Repeater Prone to Failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Leviton Coupler/Repeater Prone to Failure?

My Leviton Coupler/Repeater has failed, the second one is 5 years. My area seems to be prone to Power Failures, which likely means we also have brown outs and some spiking I would guess, so perhaps that is the reason for my failures, or perhaps it is a weak product.

Are others having similiar problems? Can anyone suggest a superior product/solution for X-10?

Perhaps the time has come to invest in HS2 and Z-Wave. Anyone want to buy some used X-10 equipment?

My Leviton HCA02-10E - 2-Phase Coupler/Repeater has lasted for 7 years and we have at least one power outage a week along with numerous thunderstorms. I did have a friend that had one that didn't last a week but his replacement has been going strong. A lot of users like this one but it's substantially more expensive:
    http://www.smarthome.com/4821ac.html
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've had one of those installed for year and years now with no problems with it. Perhaps you just got a bad one.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
      X