Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question

Is there a way to "hold" HS at it's current running configuration? For example, say I'm having a party and I've got all the lights on the way I want them to be on and I don't want HS to start shutting stuff down at it's predetermined times as if this were any other night of the week. Is there an option to hold things at whatever state HS is running in until I "release" it back to it's normal mode?

Thanks

Greg

Shutdown HS?!?!

Why not have a script that sets party mode and sets up the devices as you like them?

This could be much like the many scripts/events folks have to indicate home mode and "away on holiday" mode...

DJ
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by djblack View Post
      Shutdown HS?!?!

Why not have a script that sets party mode and sets up the devices as you like them?

This could be much like the many scripts/events folks have to indicate home mode and "away on holiday" mode...

DJ
      Yeah, I've thought of that and it's certainly the most obvious way to do it but it does require one to make the scripts and such which is just another thing to do. I was hoping that there was just some option that "freeze" HS at it's current run state until it was released as an easy way to with without having to make a party mode script.

Oh well, I guess it's not that big a deal to make party mode. Would this mean though that I'd have to deactivate my usual scripts that would shut stuff at predetermined times?

Greg

Comment

I have a virtual device that I called "Guest mode". When we have guests, I just turn that ON. Any events/scripts that turn lights ON/OFF have a condition that "Guest mode" is OFF. That way if I have it turned ON, then the events/scripts just don't run or don't turn certain lights ON or OFF.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Ram - good idea...but if I did that, I would have a long list of conditions before I started....when the monther in law is in, when there is a full moon....

Back to the idea of pausing HS... trouble would be that you dont know what to pause....

DJ
          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

I use the guest mode as well. It's just a condition that gets set that in each of my events that turn things off in the evenings. Those events just don't run as long as that device is on. I have several modes for the house that can interupt or make it act differently depending on weather or not certain devices are on. No scripting needed.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
            X