ZCVx Zone Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZCVx Zone Controller

I see where Homeseer sells the ZCV4 Zone Controller and TS40 wall display units, but those items seem to be missing in the RCS section of the thermostat plug-ins page; Other RCS devices are listed there, but not the TS40 or ZCV4, or ZCV2. I don't want to spend a lot of money on hardware and then find out it's not supported. Any assurance/advise would be appreciated.

Originally posted by garfan View Post
    I see where Homeseer sells the ZCV4 Zone Controller and TS40 wall display units, but those items seem to be missing in the RCS section of the thermostat plug-ins page; Other RCS devices are listed there, but not the TS40 or ZCV4, or ZCV2. I don't want to spend a lot of money on hardware and then find out it's not supported. Any assurance/advise would be appreciated.
    Well, it appears to be working. I have been wondering the same until tonight. I just got a serial to rs232 adapter and hooked this up to my homeseer box. So far I have one TS40 configured and showing up. It reads the temp correctly and a can set properly set the heat/cool set points. I'll try and setup my two TS16's next and see where I get. If you do get them, enjoy!

--bd3

Comment

So my configuration is slightly different than yours but it may shed some light on how the ZCV zone controllers work.

I have 3 thermostats conected to the ZCV zone controller. Two of the 3 stats are zwave tz16, using the zwave plugin. The 3rd stat is an x10 stat using doostat plugin. The stats are controlled by the plugins and are hardwire connected to the zone controller.

The zone controller is connected between the stats and the HVAC unit, is controlled by the stats but it has no connections and is not controlled at all by Homeseer.

The stat calls for heat in a partucular zone, the zone controller responds.

So I understand why the zome controller wouln't appear as items listed in the plugin support.

Unfortunately I can't comment about the tS40....
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Yes, it works

Yes, the zcv4 does work. You would add the zcv zone controller as your thermostat in the RCS plug-in and then add zones (your ts40/ts16's) to that thermostat.

And above, I meant to say that I got a serial to rs485 converter.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can control the zone controller via Z-wave?

Also can you skip the wall display on some zones and just put a temp sensor?

thanks Raptor
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

My understanding is that you need to have a wall display unit connected in order for a zone to become active on the controller. As far as Zwave, I'm not sure what your trying to do, but you'd would be able to control the zones either via events or a script.
            HS: 2.5.0.60
            Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
            Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
            Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
            Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
            Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
            UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
            Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Well, what i am hoping to do is add a few zones to my hvac system then control them via z-wave without having to buy a 200usd z-wave thermostat for each one....

I dont have the possability to run wires from the hvac.

Raptor
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
              X