Cellphone tracking like bwired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellphone tracking like bwired

How many folks would be interested in a little cell phone tracking plugin like bwired has at his website?

http://www.bwired.nl/

I have played around with this in the past and was thinking of writing something for the Blackberry models with GPS to start and then adding in the different other GPS or LBS enabled cell phones.

Interest?

PiperPilot

how do you tell if your cell is compatible?

I have the LG Fusic LG LX550

I would be interested....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

That phone supposedly has GPS capabilities...I have never programmed to the Sprint Network, so would have to research it. The first phones I would probably support are the Blackberry phones with GPS as well as the Boost Mobile and Nextel phones.

We'll see how much more interest there is and I'll unearth the code.

PiperPilot

Comment

Originally posted by piperpilot View Post
        That phone supposedly has GPS capabilities...I have never programmed to the Sprint Network, so would have to research it. The first phones I would probably support are the Blackberry phones with GPS as well as the Boost Mobile and Nextel phones.

We'll see how much more interest there is and I'll unearth the code.

PiperPilot
        well I have a nextel i95 and i733 in a box in the garage... with car chargers.. I could just plug them in and know where the cars are...

oh yeah... what about pda's? I have a ipaq 3955 and navman sleeve.... or is that a different gps type? I dont know how this stuff works...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

How many folks would be interested in a little cell phone tracking plugin like bwired has at his website?

http://www.bwired.nl/

I have played around with this in the past and was thinking of writing something for the Blackberry models with GPS to start and then adding in the different other GPS or LBS enabled cell phones.

Interest?

PiperPilot
          Thank you for the link to Bwired !

This guy is nuts!

If your wife thinks you're going overboard with your HA setup, just show her what this guy did. it should calm her down a bit...

Comment

Does that Ipaq have internet capability? To update location data, it will need to connect to the internet remotely.

Comment

Does that Ipaq have internet capability? To update location data, it will need to connect to the internet remotely.
              no.. that is the ipaq with bluetooth and wifi (wireless b 802.11b)

however I have a gps in it... so i was curious if it is possible.. since I dont know how this works...

since I find satellites and a gps is specific... there has to be a way to say it is right here... understand me? i can be confusing...

I have always said.. what if I turn my gps on in an airplane.. I want to see how fast we are going... and then alerts go off with the FBI or the so.....

THIS GUY IS GOING 550MPH!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
                Thank you for the link to Bwired !

This guy is nuts!

If your wife thinks you're going overboard with your HA setup, just show her what this guy did. it should calm her down a bit...
                im always looking at his site.....
                it is awesome...
                I would love to do some of that stuff...

well im going to start slowly....
                he has the scale on there too!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  no.. that is the ipaq with bluetooth and wifi (wireless b 802.11b)

however I have a gps in it... so i was curious if it is possible.. since I dont know how this works...

since I find satellites and a gps is specific... there has to be a way to say it is right here... understand me? i can be confusing...

I have always said.. what if I turn my gps on in an airplane.. I want to see how fast we are going... and then alerts go off with the FBI or the so.....

THIS GUY IS GOING 550MPH!!!!!!!!

HAHA...GPS only receives signals, there is no reporting back to anyone what you are doing. Technically I could write an aplet for your IPAQ, but it would only report your position when you are connected to a WiFI link. Whereas the cell phones have data service and can connect and report your location from anywhere using an HTTP connection.

Make sense?

For your Nextel phones to work with a solution like this, they would each need a service plan...I assume since they are in the box in the garage that they aren't activated.

For people that want to provide something like this for the cars at an inexpensive cost, the boost mobile phones are like $29 and you can get data only service for about $10 a month. I have one of these and was playing with tracking for a while but abandoned the project when I found out I was getting a blackberry with a GPS and internet connection.

Comment

For people that want to provide something like this for the cars at an inexpensive cost, the boost mobile phones are like $29 and you can get data only service for about $10 a month. I have one of these and was playing with tracking for a while but abandoned the project when I found out I was getting a blackberry with a GPS and internet connection.
                    The problem with this approach is the reporting is not granular enough. You're plots over a 20 mile drive look like plotting triangles because the data points are so spaced apart. In addition to that my son started turning off the phone
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well, there is always a separate datalogger option...I have thought about building those as well, but they aren't cheap...I think they run around $200 or so and would need their own cellular plan...but...you could put it in the car and get good real time information on where the car is. Mostly businesses use this option for tracking their vehicles and scheduling deliveries, etc. Probably out of the price range of most HS users.

Comment

Working...
                      X