Trying to make HS say "good nigth"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make HS say "good nigth"

I am trying to figure out how to make an event ,that will tell me "good night" after tunning off any given ligth in my room. I have two lamps in my bedroom which have independent house codes, what I can not figure out is:

If lamp A or B is on and its after 10:PM and when lights turn off after that time, HS says "good night".

How can this be done thru script or events????
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

That should be a fairly easy standard event with conditions.
    Trigger

Device: Master Bedroom Lamp changed to OFF AND
    Time is after 10:00 PM

Actions
    whatever you need to have done so you can hear the speak command.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks nigthwalker

Sounds rigth, but both lights have to be off in order to say "good Nigth", is there a trigger that does both devices?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

you would just add in the conditions you need to the example. Might look something like this

Currently set conditions:

Group 1
        Device: Master Bedroom Lamp is OFF AND
        Device: Other Master Bedroom Lamp changed to OFF AND
        OR Group 2
        Device: Other Master Bedroom Lamp is OFF AND

Actions:
        Do whatever you like.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Nightwalker

what would happen if the ligths are always off during the nigth and it 10m will HS say Good nigth? I will like to say good nigth only if the ligth where on then changed to off.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Set the event with the time 10 pm at the the top of the event then if the light or lights are on - turn off and say good night - if its 10 pm and the lights are off it will bypass everything else

Comment

Hmmmm Sorry, can you refrase that kaldon please..
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                Nightwalker

what would happen if the ligths are always off during the nigth and it 10m will HS say Good nigth? I will like to say good nigth only if the ligth where on then changed to off.
                Notice that in the conditions one of the devices in each are changed to off. That way no matter which set of conditions are called one of the conditions is 'changed to off' that way the event will only fire once, when you turn it off, unless of course you turn the light back on after 10pm, if you do it'll say goodnight again when you turn it off.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

thanks guys I ll give it a try...
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

working half way

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                    you would just add in the conditions you need to the example. Might look something like this

Currently set conditions:

Group 1
                    Device: Master Bedroom Lamp is OFF AND
                    Device: Other Master Bedroom Lamp changed to OFF AND
                    OR Group 2
                    Device: Other Master Bedroom Lamp is OFF AND

Actions:
                    Do whatever you like.

Ok guys I made the event acording to nigthwalker specs but I get the following:

When lamp "2" is off, and then I proceed to turn off lamp "1" HS says "good nite"

BUT:

When Lamp "1" is off and Then I proceed to turn off lamp "2" HS says nothing.

What am I doing wrong? the only diference is the timing (before and after)?
                    Last edited by Rotech; April 28, 2008, 04:18 PM.
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I think your going to find that the novelty of having HS say good night is going to have a very short life expectancy. The WAF dropped faster than the stock market has and put an end to most of my attempts to give the house a personality like that!
                      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

since bedtimes vary.... I will eventually.. .(already setup the event minus speak) have hs tell me good night or something like that later...
                        I have the x10 mini timer.. when I go to bed.. I hit 3 off and it verifies everything is off.... all basement lights, kids rooms, etc.... so it does that but i dont have speakers so I dont do the voice part..
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

sisters

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
                          I think your going to find that the novelty of having HS say good night is going to have a very short life expectancy. The WAF dropped faster than the stock market has and put an end to most of my attempts to give the house a personality like that!

Well lets see how long it last and I'll let you know.

PS:who knows they maybe sister,,,,,
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

My wife has named the HS disembodied voice "Annie".....(short for Annoying!) "She" (Annie) speaks through the whole house audio system. She (the wife, that is) does tolerate certain reminders from "her" (Annie) The female voice is "OK", but the male voice creeped her out and lasted only 2 days when first deployed. Isn't this FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              Ok guys I made the event acording to nigthwalker specs but I get the following:

When lamp "2" is off, and then I proceed to turn off lamp "1" HS says "good nite"

BUT:

When Lamp "1" is off and Then I proceed to turn off lamp "2" HS says nothing.

What am I doing wrong? the only diference is the timing (before and after)?
                              You have two different sets of conditions there, only one has time associated with it. I don't think you need the before 4:30 am since that would be on a different day. Both sets do need the time association otherwise group two would be firing no matter what time of day it was.

It should look something like

Group 1
                              Time is after 10:30 PM And
                              Device: Main Floor Living Room Lamp one is OFF AND
                              Device: Main Floor Living Room Lamp two changed to OFF

OR Group 2
                              Time is after 10:30 PM AND
                              Device: Main Floor Living Room Lamp two is OFF AND
                              Device: Main Floor Living Room Lamp one changed to OFF
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X