Problem with sending E-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with sending E-mail

Recent I changed to another internet provider and since then I have problems sending e-mail from HomeSeer. In the log the following message appears:

Sending email using SMTP: De server heeft een of meer adressen van ontvangers geweigerd. Reactie van server: 504 : Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address

My provider says that this is not a problem of them. Who can help me?
    SMTP-server username and password are correct. The receiver e-mail is also correct.

It seems to me like you have forgotten to change the adress to the actual SMTP-server...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I have the same error, and I did not change my provider.....
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm not sure what that error states but how do you have your email screen setup? Do you have the Default "FROM" E-Mail address: set to your email address? Have you tried using the IPaddress in the SMTP sever rather than the text. Does your ISP use a different port other than the standard sending port?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have exact the same error as stated in the first post.

For the rest all settings of my provider should be default, in outlook etc. I use the same settings.....
          Attached Files
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I can't see that image nor do I know what that error states but I do know that the From Email address on the form has to be a valid email account.

Comment

Hi,

I filled in the FROM email adress in the mail setup and now it's working. I thought that it was enough to do this in the event, but it must also be configured in the setup.....

Thanks for your support,
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Glad that worked for you. A lot of ISP's now verify the from address before sending email

Comment

Working...
                X