How to hide DS10a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to hide DS10a

I am curious how others are hiding the DS10A window and door sensors. I thought about cutting a small square hole in the jam of the door and inserting the unit in that hole behind a plate. Then use circle magnetic sensors on the door and the jam. Not sure how this would really look and what impact it would have on resale. Anyway, any pics or descriptions would be great for both doors and windows.

THX

I didn't hid mine. I mounted them on the walls and ran the wire into the jam and used a security system magnets. This way you can hid the wires but leave the device in view. They blend in after a while.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can substitute switches like these: http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...cat=198&page=1
      for the surface mount switches that come with the DS10A. (I think that's what Rupp was referring to as security system magnets.) You will need to replace the batteries often enough that you probably don't want to make the box difficult to access.

In a few cases I have extended the wire from the switch, running it behind molding, then through a hole in the floor and placed the unit just below the floor in the basement. Of course, that doesn't help if you don't have a basement, but there may be a way to place it somewhere that is not so distracting as right on the door frame. If it has to stay by the door or window, you can at least paint it to match your walls, mount it near the floor or behind curtains or furniture.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X