Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this is right area but - Homeseer X10 activex problems

Hi guys first post here so be gentle

I am currently running my own software to do a bit of home automation. Found the Homeseer activex after having problems with an "other brand" activex I had been using.

My problem is with the Read data from the CM12 (same as CM11 as far as programming), it works fine most of the time but occasionally the read errors then doesn't reset, and I can't find a way to reset it short of restarting my application.

The problem seems to be caused by multiple X10 commands, the more X10 commands seen the more likely the lockup occurs. Though most commands seen are from one device, so it isn't flooding the network.

So I guess the question is, does anyone know of a way to clear the read problem or if it is worth me buying the activex to get the source with the slim chance I can fix the problem.

Alan

The only way you are going to know if it's a hardware vs software is to debug it using the source code.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Certain it is software, as closing the application then re-opening fixes it without doing anything to the hardware.

I have written two versions of the software one that controls and monitors, the other that just monitors, I have two CM12 running on different machines and both exhibit the same problem but not at the same time. Generally it seems to follow an All OFF but not always.

Question is IF the source code of the activex will provide the answer and probably more important if I have the skill to fix it.

Comment

Working...
      X