Problem with powerlinc usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with powerlinc usb

I'm new to ha and homeseer. Bought the z-wave starter kit couple of weeks ago. That all went smooth getting homeseer an z-wave up and running.
    Just received powerlinc controller and installed it. Got the plug and play message from windows. I See the Human Interfaces devices entries from windows device info. Was able to add the powerlinc controller as an interface from the homeseer wizard. Restart homeseer and get "Error initializing x10 interface. Unable to find PowerLinc USB device". I see the hspi_powerlincu process running under windows. Any idea what I'm doing wrong ? Thanks in advance.

klim0729,
    Do you have it plugged directly into the PC or an adapter of some type?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Actually I've tried it in a couple of places. I first tried it in a USB hub. Then I tried a USB port directly off the mother board. Lastly I tried a USB port on a USB/firewire card I recently added.

Comment

klim0729,
        What version of HomeSeer are you running? What version of the plugin are you running? You might want to connect to the update and update both to the most current beats and see if that helps?

Comment

Make sure you have the Powerlinc 1132U and not the 1132CU. HomeSeer does not support the CU version.

-Rich

Comment

It is the 1132cu that I have. See I told you I was new to this. I've already run into a "gotcha". So, what are the chances that the "cu" will be supported by homeseer in the future (near future, that is). I should be able to return this and exchange it for the "u", per SmartHome's technical support, but I'd be willing to wait if homeseer will soon support it. Thanks all for your help.

Comment

klim0729,
              This has been asked and here's Riches answer:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...74&m=907103663

Comment

Working...
              X