2 Powerlinc's on the same system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Powerlinc's on the same system?

Does anyone know if it is possible to run 2 powerlinc USB devices from Homeseer? I currently have one working beautifully "inside" of a lightolier firewall system, but need to control some devices "outside" the firewall as well. It would seem as though as long as my device codes are unique it should work. Any thoughts? Thanks
    John

How are you going to tell HS to use another Powerlinc?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There is no way to use 2 X10 interfaces, as only one may be selected in the options. If we supported more than one, we would also need a way to tell a device which interface to use, which we do not have. HS can use X10 and Z-Wave at the same time however. It uses the device type to determine which interface to send the command to.

-Rich
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thats kinda what I thought, but wasn't sure if it was the same device type, that it might be recognized as one, and send the command through multiple USB ports, one going down the firewall leg and the other going down the non-firewall leg to their respective destinations. This is coming from someone who doesn't understand what is involved in the interface between the powerlinc and Homeseer, just that it works! The only thing I know about the Z-wave technology is what I have found in Worthingtons catalog. Have you had any experience with Z wave, or heard any comments on its reliability. Again....I thank you for your expertise.

John

Comment

Just for kicks, U might want to look at this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23174

Comment

Working...
          X