How do you backup for HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you backup for HS?

Ok, I'll be honest, I dont really know how to make a back of my setup, and I really fear that something migth happen, can somebody explain to me how its done and how do I reinstall the backup to my PC.

thanks
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Backup your entire HS2 folder daily and if something happens you can simply copy of the backup. There are several free backup tools available. One is BackeRupp (available using the search on this BB) and another is ActiveBackup which is available via the updater.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

is your plug easy to install?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Backup your entire HS2 folder daily and if something happens you can simply copy of the backup. There are several free backup tools available. One is BackeRupp (available using the search on this BB)............
        Oh is it Sir. Could you point to which corner of this BBS it is lurking in, as I have not been able to find it for a long time.

It is probably one of the oldest, and one of the best, if not the best backup programme for HS.

Why do I think it is the best I here you ask?

Its an exe, only triggered by HS then HS could not care less about what it is doing.

BackeRupp works prfect, when windows will allow it to.

With all the upgrages Windows through at you BackeRupp has a problem. As I have never upgraded from the original, if indeed there is an upgrade, Windows Upgrades, specifically someting called "Excelorator", or something like that does not like it.

Don't fret though, BackeRupp will come back the next day and perform.

It is the best backup prog I have come acreos regarding HS. I use it, and can take and survivr, only with patience, it's agruments with Mr Gates. It is far superior to ActiveBackup, or whatever it is called.

Rupp, I realy wish you would look at this programme , and if there is an upgrade where is it?

In a simple three words, which you have all probably gathered, I Love It.

It's got me out the **** a few times with HomeSeer, and it's addons (plugins etc.), too many times to mention.

Can I say "****" on this BBS, Don't know, but who reads my posts anyway, anyway just did, and instead of a bolt of lghtning my serving wench topped up my glas of wine. Now I do, there is an automat sensor, nope thats the Docs provence, I meant to say censor, anyway the word reffered to going to the toilet.

So Mate, as this is the best bit of junk arround to get you out the ****,read something one does int he tailet for the four ****, pitty they could not afforf the fifth. where is it? (Already said ****, so it don't mater no more, no how - but may get more attion, you know, and that would only be for the best anyway, wouldint)

Rotech. Thank you for reminding Rupp that this peice of Genius existed, I thought he had forgotten, or perhaps given up on it.

Rupp It is the most succesful backup programme I have ever used. I also use it to backup the HS Programe store files, which are of a seperate HD containing all the HS 3rd Party and HS files.
        Last edited by Gogs; February 17, 2008, 01:39 PM.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,
          It's where it's always been. The script library.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=101702

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
            Oh is it Sir. Could you point to which corner of this BBS it is lurking in, as I have not been able to find it for a long time.

It is probably one of the oldest, and one of the best, if not the best backup programme for HS.

Why do I think it is the best I here you ask?

Its an exe, only triggered by HS then HS could not care less about what it is doing.

BackeRupp works prfect, when windows will allow it to.

With all the upgrages Windows through at you BackeRupp has a problem. As I have never upgraded from the original, if indeed there is an upgrade, Windows Upgrades, specifically someting called "Excelorator", or something like that does not like it.

Don't fret though, BackeRupp will come back the next day and perform.

It is the best backup prog I have come acreos regarding HS. I use it, and can take and survivr, only with patience, it's agruments with Mr Gates. It is far superior to ActiveBackup, or whatever it is called.

Rupp, I realy wish you would look at this programme , and if there is an upgrade where is it?

In a simple three words, which you have all probably gathered, I Love It.

It's got me out the **** a few times with HomeSeer, and it's addons (plugins etc.), too many times to mention.

Can I say "****" on this BBS, Don't know, but who reads my posts anyway, anyway just did, and instead of a bolt of lghtning my serving wench topped up my glas of wine. Now I do, there is an automat sensor, nope thats the Docs provence, I meant to say censor, anyway the word reffered to going to the toilet.

So Mate, as this is the best bit of junk arround to get you out the ****,read something one does int he tailet for the four ****, pitty they could not afforf the fifth. where is it? (Already said ****, so it don't mater no more, no how - but may get more attion, you know, and that would only be for the best anyway, wouldint)

Rotech. Thank you for reminding Rupp that this peice of Genius existed, I thought he had forgotten, or perhaps given up on it.

Rupp It is the most succesful backup programme I have ever used. I also use it to backup the HS Programe store files, which are of a seperate HD containing all the HS 3rd Party and HS files.
            What on earth have you been drinking now Gogs?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              What on earth have you been drinking now Gogs?
              LOL

Comment

Oh it's that Scottish Tap water again, sorry. I appologise if I have offended anyone in the community, If I have they should not have been reading it anyway!

Oh andyes, I was going to edit my post, but then thought why, it is what I said and the point is there that Rupp's backup programme is the best I have ever come accross, not just for HS but anything you wish to backup.

Rupp, you did not answer the question.

Is there later version, I could not find a version number, the creation date on my computer is 16th July 2006.

There again why tamper with a product that is so good, even if Mr Gates will not always allow it to work.

BTW. The reason I can never find it is because I spell the search wrong.

Anyway, back to that Scottish Tap Water. I'm sure the water board will notice shortly that they have the wrong pies connected, hic.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                X