Speech just stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speech just stops

My latest bug-a-boo involves the speaker client. Everything will be going along just fine and then sometimes, for no apparent reason, HS 2.2 stops talking, but from the main system, the one actually running HS, only. Remote computers running the speaker client continue to speak and recognize speech. Looking at the main system's speaker client, I'll see several entries: "2/24/2008 6:49:23 AM:Error creating grammar file! (CreateGrammar empty)".

Shutting down the speaker client and starting it back up again resolves the problem.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Mike.

What version of HS are you running? What OS are you running HS on?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah...

Sorry if I sound like a broken record as this is not the first time I say this, but the speaker client is not as reliable as it should be. Some times it stops speaking like you experienced or stutters or speaks with delays.

Considering it's having problems speaking reliably, imagine what it's like when you're trying to do reliable VR, beyond the basic homeseer built-in VR functions...

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
        Yeah...

Sorry if I sound like a broken record as this is not the first time I say this, but the speaker client is not as reliable as it should be. Some times it stops speaking like you experienced or stutters or speaks with delays.

Considering it's having problems speaking reliably, imagine what it's like when you're trying to do reliable VR, beyond the basic HomeSeer built-in VR functions...

Joel
        Joel,
        Sorry you feel that way but we have no help desk ticket open on the speaker app that I know of so with this information I have to surmise this is an isolated case. With thousands of HomeSeer users and only a couple of problems listed we believe it works. If you are seeing otherwise please open up a help desk ticket so we can look into your problem.
        Just as a point of reference. I have 5 speaker apps running on my works development PC and they have been running for several weeks without interruption. I do get this error from time to time but this simply indicates that the remote connection isn't available. When it is available the speaker app reconnects automatically.
        Error attempting to connect to server, please check your connection options:
        Can not connect to the remote host "gtcp://xx.xxx.xx.xxx:8742". System error message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. This is caused by my ISP at home going down.

Comment

I have a similar problem when the speaker client is running for 4-5 days; it just stops speaking (no error message).

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
            I have a similar problem when the speaker client is running for 4-5 days; it just stops speaking (no error message).
            How much memory does your PC have? Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when this happens? How about the event viewer, any errors in there?

Comment

I opened a ticket a month ago about the speaker client failing to start when Vista starts up. Still haven't heard.

Also, the ticket described another wierd issue: Speaker client running under Vista. If a speaker client on any other machine (XP) is stopped, the speaker client on the Vista machines errors out.

If you show no open tickets concerning the speaker client, could you have someone check on mine 100-15366 I have emails concerning it, but it does not appear when I try to check the status.

tenholde

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Joel,
              Sorry you feel that way but we have no help desk ticket open on the speaker app that I know of so with this information I have to surmise this is an isolated case. With thousands of HomeSeer users and only a couple of problems listed we believe it works. If you are seeing otherwise please open up a help desk ticket so we can look into your problem.
              Just as a point of reference. I have 5 speaker apps running on my works development PC and they have been running for several weeks without interruption. I do get this error from time to time but this simply indicates that the remote connection isn't available. When it is available the speaker app reconnects automatically.
              Error attempting to connect to server, please check your connection options:
              Can not connect to the remote host "gtcp://xx.xxx.xx.xxx:8742". System error message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. This is caused by my ISP at home going down.
              tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                I opened a ticket a month ago about the speaker client failing to start when Vista starts up. Still haven't heard.

Also, the ticket described another wierd issue: Speaker client running under Vista. If a speaker client on any other machine (XP) is stopped, the speaker client on the Vista machines errors out.

If you show no open tickets concerning the speaker client, could you have someone check on mine 100-15366 I have emails concerning it, but it does not appear when I try to check the status.

tenholde
                Ed,
                Rich's last reply to the ticket was "Looks like a timing issue, I'll have a look and get back to you. "

I would recommend bumping the ticket by replying. It's still in the system.

I sent you a test message to ensure the email is still active.

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

tenholde
                  Ed,
                  Rich's last reply to the ticket was "Looks like a timing issue, I'll have a look and get back to you. "

I would recommend bumping the ticket by replying. It's still in the system.

I sent you a test message to ensure the email is still active.

Comment

Thanks. I don't know why it does not show up online.

tenholde
                    tenholde

Comment

Working...
                    X