Reminder Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder Setup

I would like to set up a reminder that well tell me my wife wedding anniversary, (got to make sure the flowers get home on time). Any graceful ideas will be apprecited. How would you address an event like that?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

I think this is what you are looking for.

Have run it for over a year, once you get your head round the date set up (although that will plrabably not apply to you): Brilliant.

You can have a page displaying all the reminders, and/or HS announce the countdown by days till the event. You have to do that by a script and can limit the amount of days before it starts anouncing. If you go for it I am happy to share my countdown script if you wish HS to speak, it's not part of the script.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

What would be real cool would be a web page interface with a calendar that could be called to add events. I've created my own reminder system to display reminder on my LED sign, but currently I have to enter reminders in a comma delimited file. It be very nice if anyone in the family could add reminders with a web interface. (Don't know enough about HTML or I'd write one.)

Comment

Originally posted by anogee View Post
        What would be real cool would be a web page interface with a calendar that could be called to add events. I've created my own reminder system to display reminder on my LED sign, but currently I have to enter reminders in a comma delimited file. It be very nice if anyone in the family could add reminders with a web interface. (Don't know enough about HTML or I'd write one.)
        I use the calendar in Microsoft Outlook a lot. I agree that an interface to its calendar would be really cool. I currently have an event with a script to "Launch" Outlook when I am working on the computer (based on a motion sensor) . Outlook then pops-up a reminder box.

There are already offerings by Yahoo, Google, BlueMountain, HallMark and many more that will email Anniversary reminders to you. Why reinvent the wheel?

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

back to the whole calendar thing. I would love to see google calendar working. I tried to start a group on that once and it just never took off, I know lot of people are just busy doing other things. The multi-user and you can use it from any computer really make me excited about it. I think I saw a way to get RSS feeds from google cal, so maybe that's the way to do it. Your next set of events could be brought in xml, and then displayed accordingly.

you might want to look at tccal
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=calendar

also from previous discussion, here's another link.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=calendar
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

For my reminder file I enter a date, and optionally a time, the number of days notice, who its for, and a short message. Every 30 minutes I have a script read this file, then display messages that apply. After the time passes, the script deletes the message from the file. Some fields are optional, like name. Also that field can be "count" which displays days left instead of a person. So a line might be:
            02/27/2008,11:00AM,05,Allen,Dentist Appointment

So from this the sign will say "Allenentist Appointment Wednesday 11:00AM" for 5 days proceeding that day. Also, instead of Wednesday, it says Tomorrow or Today if they apply.

Now, I just need a way to get these reminders from Google Calendar or Outlook into a file that I can process.

Comment

Also the BLReminders plugin does all of this stuff
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by anogee View Post
                That's what the TCCAL stuff does. I installed it and my wife actually USES it!!!! Its a web interface, and pretty easy. I hacked my morning wake-up script to pre-announce any activities that day as part of my initial morning announcement.

Funny story - last week, when the lunar eclipse was going on, at 10:00pm I heard an announcement that said "The lunar eclipse is now starting. Check it out". I about fell out of bed! My wife said that she did that. I asked how? How the heck could you make the system figure out when the eclipse started? (Over my head - way over her's.) She said: "I just put it into the calendar". Doh!

Anyway - tccal is easy. Try it out.

Comment

Working...
                X