Xantech ZPR68 Scripts wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xantech ZPR68 Scripts wanted

Does anyone have one of these hooked up and scripts written for it? I just took mine out of mothballs and I am planning to use it for video camera switching. I plan to write the scripts but figured I would take the path of least resistance and see if anyone had built anything for it? Thanks.

I am considering buying one of these and then writing scripts for it.

Have you used yours for audio switching? Have you been happy with it?

Comment

I have had mine for years and have never really gotten the value out of it. I had originally planned to use it in my multi-room audio setup with Niles keypads but I after I bought one keypad and played around with it I found it too difficult to setup. I then purchased a Nuvo Essentia and have never looked back. I recently dusted off my ZPR-68 and hooked it up as a switcher for my security cameras. So I currently have it configured to switch between different cameras (audio and video). It is working fine for this, although it is a bit of overkill for this particular function!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to configure the product such that some inputs are feeding a set of zones while other inputs are feeding a different set of zones and have this operating simultaneously? For example:

- send an RS-232 command that tells zone #1 to listen to source #1
        - send an RS-232 command that tells zone #2 to listen to source #1
        - send an RS-232 command that tells zone #3 to listen to source #4
        - send an RS-232 command that tells zone #4 to listen to source #4
        - send an RS-232 command that tells zone #5 to listen to source #4
        - send an RS-232 command that tells zone #6 to listen to source #7

In this configuration, 3 sources would be simultaneously feeding 3 sets of zones.

Comment

Yes, I believe this is possible. Any zone can listen to any source.

Comment

Working...
          X