Controller failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller failure?

This is probably a SmartHome issue, but...
    I'm using a 2414U v2.1 USB with HS2.
    It's been working GREAT for some time. Suddenly it will not see incoming X10 signals, although meter shows strong signal.
    Outgoing signals still work great- both x10 and Insteon.
    Is there some secret reset procedure I not aware of?

Does this controller have an expected life span of a couple of years? I'll just buy a few,swap as needed and still be happy.
    Is this controller now 'extinct'?

Mike,
    I'm not sure about the 2414U's but the 1132U's were very prone to failure. Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file indicating any communications problems with the Insteon plugin?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Im not sure which one of these I am using but my first one died completly. My second one is now doing the same as far as not reporting the switch status. I put my Insteon PLC into x10 mode and the switch status gets reported but the Insteon PLC is not reliable enough for full time use with X10. I am looking to go all Insteon or replace the 2414U(?) with a T-103.
      John

Comment

No errors of any kind-
        The log shows all event activity, phone, etc.
        All outgoing signals work fine.
        Log does not show any X10 activity like keypad or motion.

Originally posted by Advantage View Post
        This is probably a SmartHome issue, but...
        I'm using a 2414U v2.1 USB with HS2.
        It's been working GREAT for some time. Suddenly it will not see incoming X10 signals, although meter shows strong signal.
        Outgoing signals still work great- both x10 and Insteon.
        Is there some secret reset procedure I not aware of?
        Does this controller have an expected life span of a couple of years? I'll just buy a few,swap as needed and still be happy.
        Is this controller now 'extinct'?

Comment

Looked for the TI-103 at SmartHome- found it here at HomeSeer.
          The description doesn't mention Insteon. Will it work?
          I've had very good luck with the Insteon modules. Reliability 100%
          Don't want to lose my X-10 keypads and motion detectors.
          If TI-103 works with both, I'll order one today.

Comment

No the Ti-103 will not work with Insteon but you can use the TI-103 for your x10 communications and the 2414 for your Insteon at the same time. Most users haven't had good luck with the 2414 for X10 communications and are using a separate X10 controller.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X