Help with Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Lighting

I'm in the process of building a new home. My electrician is working with me to install z-wave light switches although it is a new technology to him. I haven't yet decided between the Vizia or the Aspire products. I'm leaning toward the Aspire because I understand the scene switches accurately report to HS which button has gone off. However, cost is a factor. I would appreciate any comments on the following:

1. Can my electrician wire the house as he normally would and then put the z-wave switches in? Will this be OK for the "slave" switches in 3, 4, or 5 way circuits?

2. Do people recommend putting z-wave switches everywhere (60 or 70 switches) or just mixing them with traditional?

3. Can I ultimately control lighting scenes through MainLobby running on touchscreens and if so do I really need scene switches at all?

Thanks for your comments.

Originally posted by cbarner View Post
    I'm in the process of building a new home. My electrician is working with me to install z-wave light switches although it is a new technology to him. I haven't yet decided between the Vizia or the Aspire products. I'm leaning toward the Aspire because I understand the scene switches accurately report to HS which button has gone off. However, cost is a factor. I would appreciate any comments on the following:

1. Can my electrician wire the house as he normally would and then put the z-wave switches in? Will this be OK for the "slave" switches in 3, 4, or 5 way circuits?
    Yes. Remember most of these switches are sold for retrofit installs. One thing to consider as a must have is to have the electrician put the common (white) wire into every switch box.
    2. Do people recommend putting z-wave switches everywhere (60 or 70 switches) or just mixing them with traditional?
    This is really a question of - how much do you want to automate. If it doesn't need to be automated then use the less expensive switch.

3. Can I ultimately control lighting scenes through MainLobby running on touchscreens and if so do I really need scene switches at all?
    HomeSeer can handle the scenes just fine. This is what HomeSeer was built to do
    Thanks for your comments.
    '''''
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X