Writelog stops working (after startup?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writelog stops working (after startup?)

I am attempting to update to HS2 and am not seeing any writelog results in the log, except for the "Scripting is OK" from startup.txt. All other logging like events and plugin output appears to be fine. Other functions like hs.speak work in the same script that writelog doesn't. It also doesn't work from an event with "&". I added the startup script to an event and its writelog doesn't show up anymore.

Any ideas?

What syntax are you using for writelog?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I didn't modify startup.txt. And anything else I've tried is the same as what has worked forever.

This speaks twice with the just the "running script..." and speak() info messages showing in the log:

&hs.speak "1":hs.writelog "test","test":hs.speak "2"

Comment

Have you tried an &hs.writelog "test", "test" using the control > Immediate Script Command to see if that works?

Comment

No, just tried it. Just get:

3/21/2008 8:35:58 PM ~!~Info~!~Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.writelog "test", "test"

Comment

I just ran it here and I get
            3/21/2008 8:43:44 PM Info Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.writelog "test", "test"
            3/21/2008 8:43:44 PM test test

What version of HomeSeer are you running?

Comment

2.2.0.66, installed today. It's weird that other stuff appears to be working in scripts and plugins are logging OK.

Comment

Working...
              X