Run time error 8018 - TI103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run time error 8018 - TI103

This seemed to have happened first the other night when I borrowed my USB-UIRT for another machine and subsequently rebooted for other reasons. I eventually got X-10 back by plugging the dongle back in - I think. It was late. I powered the 103 and the PC down several times.

MS updated my OS last night and I cannot get X-10 back again. The USB-UIRT was not connected.

I noticed that both the 103 and the UIRT both claim to be on port 1 (how can a USB device be on a serial port?)

Anyway, on startup, the log says the port is already open. My shutdown script closes all ports. If I try to open the 103 config, nothing happens. If I disable the UIRT, the config button disappears from both. The dongle DOES work, BTW.

And, if I restart HS with with the UIRT still disabled, the 103's config button returns. If I click it, I get the plugin error box 'Run time error 13, type mismatch'.

I tried changing the 103 to port 2, added that port to my shutdown script but when bringing HS up again, I have an invalid port number entry in the log.

Anyone?

I would recommend disabling the USB-UIRT plugin and get the TI-103 going again. When you say dongle are you using a USB to serial port adapter? Microsoft has been pushing out some major changes which may have corrupted the dongles drivers.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp. The issue SEEMS to have started when I removed the UIRT dongle. I simply can't get the 103 functioning again with or without the dongle. I will remove it and disable its plugin again.

To clarify, the 103 goes to a standard serial port.

I just grabbed a CM-11 to try.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, first I powered down and up with the USB UIRT disco'd and the its plugin disabled. When HS came up, the status of the 103 was OK as usual but I still had the comport open error and when I hit the config button, I still got the type mismatch error.

Disabled the 103 plugin, disconnected the device, enabled the CM-11 plugin, powered down and connected the CM-11. Powered up.
        That plug-in will not intialize.
        Unable to open COM1. <edit>I cannot change com ports. Device manager is telling me I need permission to make registry changes to that. Huh???</edit>

Bad serial interface? Hope not, it's on the Mobo and I have no available slots.

Comment

Appears to be a serial port failure. Connected CM-11 to a USB to serial dongle at port 8. So far, so good. Will try TI 103 again.

Comment

It was fine until I rebooted. Using device manager, I attempted to use random ports all the way up to 256. Each time, I got an error msg. telling me another app is using that port after I reassigned the USB>serial dongle.

It automatically goes to port 8 but when I switch it to another, then return, it also says 8 is beling used by another app.

Time for a new box?

Comment

Working...
            X