Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so scale works now but how bout a pedometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so scale works now but how bout a pedometer?

Ok so wasnt sure where to put this...

anyhow... so you guys work magic and got the oregon scale to work within HS and I love it... Greatly Appreciate all the help...

now I have a question..
    I bought a pedometer for the wife and I....

Omron HJ-720 ICT
    pretty cool... works with software and all.... that is where I am curious...
    my first problem is the software logs to a omron.mdb
    how is that a problem you ask?
    well it is password protected.....
    is there a way to integrate this into HS?

from within the software you can export to a .csv file....

yall are plugin maniacs!!!! and wanted to see if this one is possible?
    I use the scale plugin as it has got me down 20lbs... down to 178 now and more to go...

so next step is the pedometer.. it will log 7 days that you can view at the ped and keep track of 35 days I think it is...

so.... anyone wanna help???????????

wish I had mad skillz to program!!!!!!!!!

here is a pic I found on the web...

and the next one is mine... just started...
    Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

ok got the password... boy that was easy... 5 seconds on google and VIOLA!!!!!!!!! IM IN!!!!!!!!

so still curious on how this could be incorporated...
    ~Jeff

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

47 views... so guess not worthy huh...

Comment

I've viewed it, a couple times now. I think it's a pretty cool idea. I'm still trying to save up some money to buy the scale first... I'm not a 100% certain I want to put yet another device on my belt all day, I'm still thinking about it.

I'm sure pulling the data out of the database shouldn't be that hard, the question is what do you want to do with it?
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
          I've viewed it, a couple times now. I think it's a pretty cool idea. I'm still trying to save up some money to buy the scale first... I'm not a 100% certain I want to put yet another device on my belt all day, I'm still thinking about it.

I'm sure pulling the data out of the database shouldn't be that hard, the question is what do you want to do with it?
          well that is the great part... it does not have to be on your belt.. .I had it in my pocket all day today...
          worked great..

download the software and install it.... I can send you my .mbd file and you can see what it can do..

I would like to be able to create some virtual devices say... miles walked, total steps and maybe a few others... log it.... and use ultralog to create charts with.. .although I know it is not a big deal to do all in 1...

I alway think to try and get everything within 1 log.... but in reality i could use the chartdirector to chart it and all.....

im just open to ideas....

Comment

Is omron.mdb a standard Access database file?

If so, it would be pretty sraight forward to create some virtual devices based on the data.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              Is omron.mdb a standard Access database file?

If so, it would be pretty sraight forward to create some virtual devices based on the data.

Paul..
              well it is a simple file...

rename to .mdb = could only do as pdf to get as size said was too big as .txt

anyhow... also password into file is

Fk4+0fK[L9j
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm making some sense of the file, but I don't know what TOTAL_FATBURN SNS, TNS, CNS stands for... the the ns0 though ns23 are likely hours of the day...
                EQUIP0 to EQUIP23, and EVENT0 to EVENT23 don't know what that is either.

looks like the NPDATA table is the only one that has useful information, but I think I'd need to know what it all means.
                Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Jeff

The NPData table looks pretty straight forward. Looks like 1 record for each day. It should be easy to compare tha values in the database with what's displayed in the Oron software to work out what's what.

Once it's known what exactly the data represents and how different units are dealt with (meters / inches, lbs / kg etc) then getting data from the database into Homeseer is the easy part.

I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment to play around with this as I am working on some weather scripts, but If you can give some idea of what virtual devices you would like in Homeseer , then I will see if I can have a look at producing somethnig for you to get started with.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    Jeff

The NPData table looks pretty straight forward. Looks like 1 record for each day. It should be easy to compare tha values in the database with what's displayed in the Oron software to work out what's what.

Once it's known what exactly the data represents and how different units are dealt with (meters / inches, lbs / kg etc) then getting data from the database into Homeseer is the easy part.

I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment to play around with this as I am working on some weather scripts, but If you can give some idea of what virtual devices you would like in Homeseer , then I will see if I can have a look at producing somethnig for you to get started with.

Paul..

appreciate it.......

I just want something very simple...
                    example now is my wife and I try and keep up to each other..
                    I havent added hers to the mdb yet... but will eventually..
                    so would like to have a virtual device on...

1. Steps for the day for 2 users
                    2. miles for the day for 2 users

ability to log the data so I can some day use ultralog or chartdirector to show a graph...

another nice thing would be a way to show total steps and total miles...

so guess...

1 - daily steps for Jeff
                    2 - dialy steps for Julie
                    3 - daily miles for Jeff
                    4 - daily miles for Julie
                    5 - total steps for Jeff
                    6 - total stepe for Julie
                    7 - total miles for Jeff
                    8 - total miles for Julie

so I dont really care about all the other stuff in the tables like calories and all that stuff

edited..
                    after looking at the pics..
                    also...

9. daily arobic steps for Jeff
                    10. daily arobic steps for Julie
                    11. total arobic steps for Jeff
                    12. total arobic steps for Julie
                    13. daily arobic minutes for Jeff
                    14. daily arobic minutes for Julie
                    15. total arobic minutes for Jeff
                    16. total arobic minutes for Julie

keep that competitive thing going... last night we were up and pacing the bedroom till the stroke of midnight.... it was awesome....
                    then the day starts over so we went to bed.....

Comment

I just purchased one of these, it'll be here in a few days

It'll probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to write something for it, but I'm all in for tracking it with homeseer..
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I just purchased one of these, it'll be here in a few days

It'll probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to write something for it, but I'm all in for tracking it with homeseer..
                        COOL!!!! yeah I have used this for a bit now and it is really accurate... you know... not 100% but pretty close!!!!

it is nice.... I like it....
                        who did you buy from?

I should have posted that I bought it from amazon.com

on ebay it would have been $75 to my door for 2 (wont do discout for combined shipping.... so $15 each shipped.. yeah someone aint makin money off of shipping are they...)
                        anyhow...

i got it from amazon.... for 2 to my door for $55!!!!!!

Comment

It was $29 from amazon
                          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Okay, I've got my pedometer, and I've started taking a more serious look at this, now that I can see what the software feels like etc.

I was thinking about creating an aspx webpage that would mimic the software for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, Total. I'll start with Daily, as it's not very complex to do the daily.

It could show Steps, Aerobic Steps, Aerobic Walking Time, Calories, Distance, and Fat Burned. I should be able to show both actual, goal and achievement levels too.

Now the reason I was thinking about doing this in a webpage instead of trying to copy everything to homeseer via a plugin, is that all of the historical data will be there in that database, and the webpage should be able to read right from the same database.

I could create a page that updates values in homeseer as well, but I'm trying to figure out which values would be usefull... Probably Today and Yesterdays steps, aerobic steps, time, distance etc... Each of those could go into a devicecode... If you wanted these values updated often, you could create a reoccurring event, or just a manual event that would load the webpage which would cause it to update the homeseer codes.

I really think I'd prefer to do it this way as opposed to a plug-in or script, as a plug-in is more complicated than needed harder to test and update since I have to shutdown homeseer everytime, and a script won't let me do as much, would be run once and then I'd still have to create a page to get the the data out in a nicer manor than just viewing the device status... With the webpage option, you'd be able to look at previous days as far back as the database goes... which isn't possible with a script.

Let me know your thoughts on this before I get neck deep

Thanks.
                            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this before I get neck deep

Thanks.

{Larry the cable guy voice}.... GIT ERRRR DUNNNNN

hah.. sounds good... wow I was curious if this would be feasable as I saw a mess of people buying the scale...

how do you like the pedometer? my wife and I compete until midnight if we are close and only have like 3o minutes to go.. it is funny... but nice to see..

also one of the reports shows totals.... totals as in lifetime.... so im at 31+ miles (havent checked it lately) since I bought it

what you have said sounds good.... I am a non programmer so plugin, non plugin, aspx, however.... it is all good to me.....

but definitely gear it towards you (the creator) so you get the best benefit... as you are spending your time on it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X