Telling HS to add icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling HS to add icon.

How can you tell HS to add a icon (other then blades BLICON) to a device in your status page which I have stored in a folder? I have a virtual device that I would like to add a icon.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    How can you tell HS to add a icon (other then blades BLICON) to a device in your status page which I have stored in a folder? I have a virtual device that I would like to add a icon.
    well there is the way where you use vb.net scripting.. which I do not know how to do...

or use utrastatus by ultrajones....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      use can use the hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd method.

2 things to keep in mind/consider:

- the icons are associated with the device values (not device status). thus you must set a device value in order to get the icon to change.

- the icon displayed on the status page is independent of the devicestring (so if you use DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd and blicon) you will get two icons.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        use can use the hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd method.

2 things to keep in mind/consider:

- the icons are associated with the device values (not device status). thus you must set a device value in order to get the icon to change.
        Can you give an example, please..
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

example of devicevaluesgraphicsadd method

hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd ("A1", "\images\device\camera.gif" + chr(2) + "100" + chr(1) + "\images\device\camera_off.gif" + chr(2) + "0")

where value 100 represents ON and value 0 represents OFF

these are standard on/off x10 values

i use this on an x10 appliance that controls a camera
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Nice tip!

What do I do if I want to remove the custom icons?
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd ("A1", "")
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hmm... this doesn't work for me.

hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd("Q2", "\devices\Ferie-On.gif" + chr(2) + "100" + chr(1) + "\devices\Ferie-Off.gif" + chr(2) + "0")

And I've placed the "devices" folder in the \html\images\HomSeer folder. What am I doing wrong?
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

It would need to be \images\devices\Ferie-On.gif
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

And then the full (and local) path should be something like:
                    C:\program files\HomeSeer 2\html\Images\devices\Ferie-On.gif

Right?

EDIT: Still no luck.
                    It's a standard On/Off device with nothing "funny" added. I just thought some better describing icons would be nice. "Ferie" is norwegian for vacation...

Comment

to make sure the icon gif is in the right place, try the following from your browser. change localhost if you are not running this on the HS server

http://localhost/images/devices/ferie-on.gif

this icon should be displayed
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,

I'm calling a simple 2 line script at startup:

hs.devicevaluesadd "E1", "Open" & chr(2) & "100" & chr(1) & "Closed" & chr(2) & "0",false

hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd "E1", "\images\device\garageopen.gif" & chr(2) & "100" & chr(1) & "images\device\garageclosed.gif" & chr(2) & "0"

The icon works great, but there is no text status next to it. How do I get that back?

Comment

Are these settings permanent or do they have to be called on as needed?

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd ("A1", "\images\device\camera.gif" + chr(2) + "100" + chr(1) + "\images\device\camera_off.gif" + chr(2) + "0")

where value 100 represents ON and value 0 represents OFF

these are standard on/off x10 values

i use this on an x10 appliance that controls a camera
                            Sorry for the stupid question, but where do you add these commands? (what place).
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The command window, Immediate script command works for these.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X