Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwalker
    replied
    I like using virtual devices as triggers for things, at least to me it makes it simpler and more efficient and less likely to go astray since you can turn the trigger on and off at will. Option number two above is close to the event i use for my mornings

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Nigthwaker

Thank you for input, and yes we did talk about this the other day,but I wanted to no how other people aproach a situacion like this. Certainly there are many ways to acomplish this.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Currently I have a event as follows:

Trigger:
    • recurring
    • repeat every 5 min.
    Condition:
    • after 5:45 am
    • before 6:01 am
    • bath light is off
    Action:
    • speak: this is your wake up call.
    But I need to create another event that will cancel this one that on going. (just in case the person finishes before 6:01 am). I would assume that the event will look like this:

Trigger:
    • bath ligth on
    Action:
    • ?????????
    This is where I need help, what command do I insert in the action, so that the wake up event can be canceled???
    It should end up as a Recurring event with conditions

Recurring every 5 minute(s)
    Time is after 5:45 AM AND
    Time is before 6:01 AM AND
    Device: Bath Light has been OFF for at least 15 minutes

Action
    Speak in background:This is your wake up call

This won't account for someone getting up and getting ready early one day, not that that has ever happened at my house. If that happens you can increase the amount of time the light has been on a little bit.
    or
    Someone taking the one minute shower. I had my son tell me when he was very young when i asked him why i didn't hear the shower running and he was pretty quick that morning. He replied that he didn't have to because the wash cloth was already wet. Needless to say he got marched right back up to try again.

Another way would be to make an event to set a virtual device to on at 5:45 AM and off triggered by the bath light coming on between the hours of 5:45 AM and 6:01 AM. Then trigger the recurring event off of that virtual device changing to on during those hours. your morning routine goes something like

event that turns on virtual device at 5:45 AM

Recurring every 5 minute(s)
    condition
    Device: Virtual Morning Events has changed to ON

Action
    Speak in background:This is your wake up call

Then make a conditional event that turns off the virtual event.

condition
    Device: Bath Lights has changed to on

Action

Device Command:Virtual Morning Events

All this would at 5:45 AM turn on the virtual device, thus triggering the conditional event so that the wake up is repeated every 5 minutes until the virtual device is turned off by the bath light coming on between the hours of 5:45 AM and 6:01 AM

Didn't we just do this same event a couple of days ago in a different thread?

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    started a topic Solution for this event....

Solution for this event....

Currently I have a event as follows:

Trigger:
    • recurring
    • repeat every 5 min.
    Condition:
    • after 5:45 am
    • before 6:01 am
    • bath light is off
    Action:
    • speak: this is your wake up call.
    But I need to create another event that will cancel this one that on going. (just in case the person finishes before 6:01 am). I would assume that the event will look like this:

Trigger:
    • bath ligth on
    Action:
    • ?????????
    This is where I need help, what command do I insert in the action, so that the wake up event can be canceled???
Working...
X