Question about which alarm system for my application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about which alarm system for my application

I started running HS2 and want to add a wireless security system. I don't want to use ELK or HAI due to the redundancy of their features with HS. Out of the DSC's, CADDx's and NAPCO's, ect.. Which system's plugin and wireless sensor support is currently the best in terms of reliability and as an independent system. I want to be able to monitor the system periodically via the internet using HS. Since I can't test out the plugins without the associated panels, I'm looking for someone's input with their own experiences, good or bad. All the posts I've seen are 2-3 years old and I want a current assessment.
    Thanks for your input.

Some features I need:
    Wireless smoke alarms and security contacts.
    Interface w/ HS for remote web monitoring via HS software.
    Reliable.

Secondary concerns:
    Keypads look nice and well made.
    RFID or biometrics, with HS or using alarm system.

I am not sure what you mean about posts being 2-3 years old. I think you will see the jvCaddx plugin and the DSC plugin posts are pretty current.

I have a bias toward the Caddx system since I own one and have written the jvCaddx plugin for it. The panel and parts are fairly cheap and it supports wireless components (I believe the same ones that the Elk Supports). BTW the jvCaddx plugin is free and I expect to keep it that way.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Clarification

I meant to say the posts discussing the pros and cons of the various systems that interface with HS seemed be fairly old, I wanted some current reviews recommendations of the systems available.

Comment

Originally posted by stang725 View Post
        I meant to say the posts discussing the pros and cons of the various systems that interface with HS seemed be fairly old, I wanted some current reviews recommendations of the systems available.
        That's sorta like the old Chevy vs Ford argument and most do not want to go there. It really boils down to what features you want and the price you want to pay.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          That's sorta like the old Chevy vs Ford argument
          I like that, have not heard that expresion before, but there again we never had Chevy's to mention, except of course in American Pie, no not the film; suppose "drove my Reliant Robin to the levy, but the levy was dry" does not quite sound right, does it.

Sorry, I degress.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
          X