Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliability of CM11/12 status on buildpage

Jon,

I have setup a (very nice!) quick view page using your package, and I have a question about how the CM11/12 status is determined.

In my page it has been indicating "Stable" even when my CM11 interface was first reporting "Communication Problem" and then, after disabling/re-enabling the plugin, "Unable to initialize" with the log showing the corresponding com port could not be opened.

Or is it the case that the information held by HS is not correct, and it is only being displayed by the buildpage?

I am wondering: is this piece of data really reliable?

Thanks

I think that question really has to put to HST.

It just uses the HS scripting command hs.X10InterfaceStatus http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...facestatus.htm

I've never had a problem with my CM11/12 in terms of stability so it has always reported as stable. Maybe a help desk ticket is in order.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, I will open a ticket and see what they respond.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        I think that question really has to put to HST.

It just uses the HS scripting command hs.X10InterfaceStatus http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...facestatus.htm

I've never had a problem with my CM11/12 in terms of stability so it has always reported as stable. Maybe a help desk ticket is in order.
        Just opened an incident with the Help Desk.

Comment

Jon,

here is the latest update on this. I had setup an additional small script that ran every 5 minutes with the same command hs.X10InterfaceStatus, to compare what it returned vs what was coming up in the QV page, as also suggested by HelpDesk.

I was getting the same results as your QV page, i.e. stable, even when it was failing.

I reopened the ticket, and now I think we have finally found the answer.

Here it is:

Sandro,

My apologies, but that command was deprecated (removed) when we created HomeSeer version 2.0.0.0, but we neglected to indicate this in the help file!

The call ALWAYS returns 0 because it was removed.

HOWEVER - it was removed because we stopped supporting most devices directly in HomeSeer, and instead we go to the plug-in directly. If you wish to communicate directly with the plug-in, you can use hs.Plugin (or hs.PluginEx) to get a reference to the plug-in, and then using that reference get the "InterfaceStatus" value. If the plug-in is called "X10 Plug" for example, then here is one way you can call it:

Dim iStat
          iStat = hs.Plugin("X10 Plug").InterfaceStatus

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies, LLC

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you wish to modify this variable in the next version of the Quick Page Builder you issue.

Cheers

Sandro

Comment

Thanks very much. I never knew that either!
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X