SwitchLinc to KeypadLinc Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwitchLinc to KeypadLinc Delay

I tried searching this issue several different ways and I keep getting hundreds of results, but nothing that seems to answer my question... so I am sorry if this is covered.

Here is the situation:
    I have a kitchen overhead light that has both a master and a companion switch.
    I was using two Insteon SwitchLincs running in X10mode (I have not had time to actually convert to real Insteon).
    This was working perfectly. I could use either switch and on/off dim would happen instantly with the result displayed on either switch.

My wife then wanted a keypad as one of the switches so that we could control some other lights from there as well. Who am I to argue when the wife wants more automation.

So I replaced the master SwitchLinc with an Insteon KeypadLinc running in X10mode. I am now able to control the light (on/off dim) from either switch.

The problem is this:
    From the keypad everything is instantaneous. (great)
    But from the SwitchLinc there is about a 3 second delay before any action will occur (This is ugly when going into the kitchen at night with all the lights off).
    The dimming hops to the selected level rather then slowly raising and lowering with the switch press as it did when I had two Switchlincs.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is this just a limitation of using a SwitchLinc and KeypadLinc together?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Oh... Come on Rupp... your bound to have an idea

Comment

Dave,
      I know very little about Insteon. Sorry I can't help.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Technicaly it is Insteon running in X-10 mode.... but point taken.
        Thanks anyhow.

Comment

Which plugin are you using for your X10 communications?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I use a smarthome PowerLinc USB.

Response time is great from HS and Maestro.

I believe the issue is in the crosslinking of the SwitchLinc and the KeypadLinc.

Thanks,
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X