Colors in the Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colors in the Log

Reading through my log every once in a while to see that things are as they should be, I notice some lines in different colors. If an error has occurred it's usually in RED, standard log seems to be in black text.

Every once in a while I'll see things in a sort of beige color, mostly when something is in trial mode. I have one event that works fine, runs great, but is always in that same sort of beige color, just that one event, so I'm curious.

Does anyone know what the different colors in the log are trying to indicate? Is it documented somewhere? It does draw my attention so I assume that I'm supposed to take note of it, now if only i knew why?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the word 'error' anywhere in the text will cause it to be RED. The word 'warning' would be yellow. Not sure about the beige/trial mode...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      I think I remember reading somewhere that the word 'error' anywhere in the text will cause it to be RED. The word 'warning' would be yellow. Not sure about the beige/trial mode...
      I suppose the color i'm seeing could be considered yellow. That does make me wonder. The name of the event is "ten minute warning" I wonder if just the name "warning in the event could cause the log to note it running or being edited in that yellow color?

Edit:

I changed the name of the event from "ten minute warning" to "ten minute notice" and now the event runs like everything else. Seems the name "warning" in the event will trigger that yellow color. Cool, another mystery by the wayside.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

yep - thought I had read that right somewhere. There might even be some additional 'easter eggs' in the log viewer we dont know about

Comment

In most of my vb.net scripts that write information to the Homeseer log, I usually write them in blue or red text. That way they are much easier to find when looking through the log. To make log entries in color just include the HTML meta tags in the string. For example:

HTML Code:
          hs.writelog ("<font color=red>Back Door", "<font color=red><b>OPEN</b></font>")
          which appears as:

hs.writelog ("Back Door", "OPEN")

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
            In most of my vb.net scripts that write information to the Homeseer log, I usually write them in blue or red text. That way they are much easier to find when looking through the log. To make log entries in color just include the HTML meta tags in the string. For example:

HTML Code:
            which appears as:

Steve Q

What a cool Idea, it sure would make finding my self induced errrors easier to track down.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

wow - I had forgotten about inline styles. I guess since the log file can be viewed in a browser, you could, theoretically, apply any style you want. Thanks for the tip, steve!

Comment

Working...
              X