"cancel event?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"cancel event?"

i set up a fan timer so an x10 code starts my fan and also triggers fan off, delay 2 hours. so its a 2 hour timer. it also set up fan off and cancel event so when i turn it off earlier, it cancels the delay command. but my log says "warning can only do this with commands that have "wait" in them." what does that mean and do i need to cancel the event if i just turn off the fan?
    thanks
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Originally posted by gfs View Post
    ... my log says "warning can only do this with commands that have "wait" in them." what does that mean and do i need to cancel the event if i just turn off the fan?
    You are probably safe to leave the extra OFF command. If the fan is already off, it should have no effect. Of course, if you turn the fan back on within the two hour window, the previously generated delayed action will turn it off two hours after the first time it was turned on.

If you post a screen shot of the event that creates the delayed event it might help explain why you are getting the warning message.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

here is the event

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd>Fan MBR Key B OFF </TD><TD class=tablerowodd><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelltrigger>X10 Command F3 Off </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecelldays>Everyday
      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=left width=160> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecellevcancel noWrap align=right width=160> Cancel Event: </TD><TD class=tablecellevcancel align=left>Fan MBR Keypad B 2hrs</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelldevice noWrap align=right width=160> Device Command: </TD><TD class=tablecelldevice align=left>Fan Fan Off</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

more...

uncle michael:
        i have a series of these based on timer length. the warniung message tells me i cant cancel an event that doesnt have 'wait' in it... should i just dump that instruction and keep the straight "off"? isnt there a way to cancel something thats on a delay?
        many thanks
        george

Comment

Not being near my system right now but can't you use the remove delayed event instead of cancel event?
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

How are you setting up the delayed Off? Does it look like the image below?
            Attached Files
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

yes i set it up as a delayed event to give mne the timer status... i believe i have to program it as a WAIT event rather than a delay. then i can cancel it before it ends.

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                yes i set it up as a delayed event to give mne the timer status... i believe i have to program it as a WAIT event rather than a delay. then i can cancel it before it ends.
                I believe that you need to create it with a delay as above, so that it becomes a delayed event. I may be mistaken, but if you place a wait action in an event, I do not believe a delayed event is created. I suggest you try it with a delay and see how it works.

Comment

Working...
                X