Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 4-20ma out compatible with HS

Hello:

I'm trying to identify a controller with analog inputs, digital outputs AND digital outputs. I've got the ocelot but it lacks analog (4-20ma) outputs. I was wondering if there was any such controller on the market that Homeseer can communicate with? If not I'm looking at allen/bradley SLC or maybe GE or some small commercial PLC - any chance of a driver for anything like this?

Thanks
    Ken

Ken,

Check out www.integpg.com/Products/Ethernet_IO.asp. You will also need 4-20ma module. This may be what you looking for. No plugin for HS but you may be able to get data in via scripts.

Comment

Allen Bradley would cost a fortune! I know from experience their stuff is way overpriced even for large corporate users. From the # of A/B components I see changed out regularly at work, I wouldn't call the SLC overly reliable either. Then there's the cost of their software... over $2000/yr just one license!
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Buddy, you need to get the Velleman K8055 which has exactly what you need and is only like 50 bucks in kit form, slightly more assembled and Malarcy on this board has a plug in for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mycrobyte View Post
          Buddy, you need to get the Velleman K8055 which has exactly what you need
          Not quite, the analogue output is pwm.

Ken what are you trying to control with the 4-20mA ?

Comment

Good suggestions so far. I like the ethernet IO module, just not sure I can afford it (I'm checking). As for the USB IO - that is VERY cool and I will probably pick one up for prototyping but for my application I really didn't want to trust my PC's up-time.

I'm working on a solar thermal system for my home - the analogue outputs would be used to control variable-speed pumps - Taco makes a couple pumps with 4-20ma inputs. The pumps can also accept other analogue ranges like 0-10VDC but 4-20ma is the most common...

Comment

Unitronics do some very nice mini PLCs that will probably suit this project. In particular http://www.unitronics.com/Series.aspx?Page=M90 offers analogue expansion modules, and they are a very good price.

The programming software is free and if you are used to Bradley then these are very similar to program.

As for interfacing they (the M91 if I remember correctly) support SMS to and from a GSM modem, as this is just through a serial interface you could connect to PC and with a bit of scripting send and receive pseudo SMS messages directly between the PC & PLC which should make comms simple.

Comment

Working...
              X