another house audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another house audio

I did not want to post in someone elses topic...
    I have had bose 151 indoor/outdoor speakers sitting for a while..
    so on my honey do list I have to mount them up and wire them in..

well I have a harman kardon avr65 receiver that I was just going to hook up a a/b switch and tie it in....

but there has to be a nicer way... I tried reading some of the posts but cant seem to follow...

so Rotech mentioned all I need is...
    ess main module and ess module for each zone??

my goal is to start small... but have these sources..

mp3's from server
    sirius from web

played to anywhere....

do the ess modules have to use HS? or could I just buy them and get started without integration just to please the wife?
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

My understanding is that the ESS has its own program so you can use them with out HS. But as we speak, there a person called James that is developing a script that can be implemented so that the ESS can be controlled by HS. These modules can added as you grow, by adding as needed. It comes in two flavors, one input or two inputs. I my self is selecting the two input version, because I will have in input A, a Harman kardon avr20II which is going to be for my music, am, FM, CD, tape amp for the whole house. In input B, I will have TTS announcement. I like this setup because I can (if I wish) setup different types of scenario. I can have two types of music playing at the same time and in different places.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

how does one hookup their stereo to it?
      I have the harman kardon avr65.....
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Take your speaker output of the harman and connect it to the ESS1 side A ( you have L and a R input) set vol. from reciever to a certain level and let the ESS7 control vol, ethier by remote or by HS. You can connect HS on side B of the ESS1 and have HS speak thru there.
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Jeff, mosey on over to the jvess thread, many of your questions are probably answered there already. Couple things to ponder, how many zones do you plan on having and do you use TTS? The ESS line can offer two inputs with each zone selectable for either input and each zone has a remote controlled volume (the reason for the HS plugin)

Jack
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
          X