HS2 Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 Cost

Please tell me if there are any monthly or additional charges to use hs2 if I want to access it thru my ip when I am at work?

I dont believe so. I access my thru Logmein, and works great best of all its free.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

HS offeres a ddns service called myhomeseer. There is a monthly charge for this. However if your IP at home is static or you have another type of ddns service then there is no additional charge.

Neil
      Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Neil, So if I have Cablevision ip and leave the CPU on there is no problem?

Comment

I am not familiar with cablevision ip but if it is static, then all you need to do from outside your network is enter the ip address with the port of your HS setup (making sure your router is configured to allow it, Port forwarding etc.) and you should be connected to the HS web server like you would be within your home network.

Neil

Comment

I use No-Ip for mine and it has worked great for free.

Simply download a tiny program from them and it converts your providers IP to something like

YourName.No-IP.com

You just type that into your browser and your all set.

Comment

I use the hs.WanIP command to check for changes in IP address. You can text, email, or call HomeSeer to ask it what it's IP address is, or have it notify you automatically should it change.

Comment

Same here, I use Hs.wannip. Then I email the ip to myslef every morning and every text message I get from Hsphone about voicemail also has the ip included in it. My Ip just changed last week after being the same for around 9 months.
                Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                  I use the hs.WanIP command to check for changes in IP address. You can text, email, or call HomeSeer to ask it what it's IP address is, or have it notify you automatically should it change.
                  How does this work? is this a HS feature?
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I use Jon00's IP Update script to modify my www index page with the latest ip address. That way i go to my online home page and then click the link to go to my HS server.

It works great, i modified it to update a few weather stats from my weather station too.

Comment

Working...
                    X