How to move HS2 from XP to Vista PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to move HS2 from XP to Vista PC

I am sure there is a post about how to do this, but I couldn't find it. Can someone direct me to one?

Thanks!

There's a post in the how-to forum that has instructions on machine from one PC to another.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yeah, and good luck! I don't mean that sarcastically, but literally. Mine went ok (there are two how to's one by Rich and one by Gogs. I used Rich's, and it bombed. I used Gogs, and it was flawless.) I am still wrestling w/my w2call modem, however.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
        yeah, and good luck! I don't mean that sarcastically, but literally. Mine went ok (there are two how to's one by Rich and one by Gogs. I used Rich's, and it bombed. I used Gogs, and it was flawless.) I am still wrestling w/my w2call modem, however.
        Thanks for the post with your experiences. But neither is Vista specific. Are there any "tricks" to the Vista installation?

Comment

No, there were no specific tricks or issues related to vista, I just followed Gogs' instructions (even though it isn't vista specific). It does also depend on specific hardware you have, for instance I did have some issues with the way2call modem, the Paul 16k tts voices, and my edgeport usb-db9 converter box needed some special drivers.

Let me know what specific hardware you have (don't worry about the basic HA comm port stuff, that is all all fine).
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

No, there were no specific tricks or issues related to vista, I just followed Gogs' instructions (even though it isn't vista specific). It does also depend on specific hardware you have, for instance I did have some issues with the way2call modem, the Paul 16k tts voices, and my edgeport usb-db9 converter box needed some special drivers.

Let me know what specific hardware you have (don't worry about the basic HA comm port stuff, that is all all fine).
            Thanks for the reply. My setup uses only the Insteon and HomeVision Plugins. So I guess, I should be good to go to moving to Vista huh?

Comment

wow, the last 24 hrs i have been wrestling with my edgeport usb - rs232 devices. everything (almost) worked great 1.5 days ago, then it went ugly. what do you use for com ports? built in? my edgeport device shows ok in device manager, but hs can't communicate w/ half the hardware. working on it all day today
              Plugins:

Comment

wow, the last 24 hrs i have been wrestling with my edgeport usb - rs232 devices. everything (almost) worked great 1.5 days ago, then it went ugly. what do you use for com ports? built in? my edgeport device shows ok in device manager, but hs can't communicate w/ half the hardware. working on it all day today
                Oh, yes. Wrestling with HomeSeer.... Been there, done that. Thankfully, everything seems stable now...

I use a USB to Serial adapter to connect my HomeVisions unit. Works fine...

Comment

works fine with vista? lucky you!
                  Plugins:

Comment

works fine with vista? lucky you!
                    Not sure, haven't tried it yet. That's the subject of this thread :-(

Comment

Working...
                    X