No announcement yet.

X10 motion sensor question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy, you want pets? you clean... Bargain ended in less then 30 seconds.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      How are you placing the sensor lets say in a living room are you up high in an angle? or you just have them back to back on the wall? (I have no pets)
      I have two in my living room - about waist high - one sits on my computer desk and the other is on a shelf/cabinet unit. It's high enough to pick up the people and rarely the cats. I have a laundry room detector that is mounted high - right above the door and angled down.

My Living Room sensors are used to determine occupancy. When the LR goes 'vacant', I have DooMotion fire some Custom Action Code (CAC) which checks the lights - it turns them out if the time is between 11p and 4a.
      HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
      79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
      Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
      Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        My Living Room sensors are used to determine occupancy. When the LR goes 'vacant', I have DooMotion fire some Custom Action Code (CAC) which checks the lights - it turns them out if the time is between 11p and 4a.
        While reading your post, I just installed a MS in my living room, and my next project is to do what your doing in your LR, no motion turn off ligth, but its seems I may have to buy the Doomotion and rigth now its not possible. Do you have some kind of sleep mode in your setup? and what do you have included in your sleep mode?
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I run all of the motion sensors through scripts to perform appropriate actions based on time of day, occupancy , etc. In addition, each script updates another device with the number of the motion sensor, extracted from the device code. Thus, I can track "last" motion throughout the house. As part of the security system I use this to arm the alarm system in Away Mode if the last motion sensor turned on was the one at the main door, and then subsequently turns off, only if all of the doors are closed. Some of the motion sensors then participate in security scripts (no-one home) to track motion, turning on cameras for recording while others necessarily ignore the cats. In "home" mode, I use this tracking device to anticipate movement from one room to another. My alarm clock is armed, the house put into "sleep mode" and the security system armed in Home Mode if the last motion detected is in the bedroom after 9:00 PM.
          I'm pretty sure DooMotion has similar functions built in, but I'm a do-it-yerselfer when possible, and I've saved fifty bucks in the process.
          BTW, I do use the A1 dying battery effect as well. All of the MS14 light sensors are disabled as I described earlier.
          Last edited by Wadenut; June 4, 2008, 02:17 PM. Reason: mis-spelled I've (IIve)
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            While reading your post, I just installed a MS in my living room, and my next project is to do what your doing in your LR, no motion turn off ligth, but its seems I may have to buy the Doomotion and rigth now its not possible. Do you have some kind of sleep mode in your setup? and what do you have included in your sleep mode?
            The only 'sleep mode' I have is just to check the time when the Custom Action Code (CAC) fires for Occupancy. I could just as easily create a virtual device indicating the time of 'sleep' and check to see if it is ON/OFF. There are almost limitless ways to accomplish it.

If you're doing this without DooMotion, you should probably go that route - create a virtual device called 'sleep' and set it ON when you are normally asleep (i.e. 11p) and OFF when you are awake (i.e. 5a). Then you would create an event that if an OFF is received from your Motion Detector, check to see if your virtual device is ON - if so, and the lights are on, turn them off.
            That would probably work best for you.

Hope this helps...
            HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
            79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
            Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
            Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks, for the tip rmasonjr .. Please keep in touch.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
              X