VR Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR Reminder

Sure, set up an event to trigger in 2 hours and set the action on the event to speak. Is this what you are looking for?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Sure, set up an event to trigger in 2 hours and set the action on the event to speak. Is this what you are looking for?
      think the point was to use th ease of voice vs the manual labor of creating events......
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Setup VRemind in HS. You need a label or Name (can't use ME or anything simple like that, doesn't seem to accept it"), method "Speaker Client". Then all you have to do is give HS a voice command something like "Remind TeleFragger to turn off fan in two hours". VRemind also shows some examples on the setup page.

I had put it a request to add the local phone/way2call option to remind via dialing the local house instead of using the speaker client. Waiting to see if that gets added to a future release.

The Pod

Comment

Thats exactly what I want to do Pod.

Now, does anybody have any guidance on setting up the VRemind? I searched the WIKI and Knowledge base with no luck. Is it just a simple VR event?

Comment

Lookup voice commands in the HS help files. Near the bottom are examples.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I see the examples but nothing close to what I want to do...

Example:

ME:
              "Please remind me to shut off fan in 1 hour"

Homeseer will speak after an hour "Please shut of fan"

Comment

In the voice reminders setup (/vorm), create a reminder method that uses the speaker client (speaker client set to * for the host parameter). The name/method should be what you want to speak after the word Remind, but should not be so short that it cannot be sure of what you said. For your example, you might want something like "using the speaker", so then what you say is: "Remind me using the speaker to turn off the fan".

In the syntax, you will see that the prefix can be Remind or Remind Me, and that is why it does not like having "me" for the reminder tag.

You can then combine the voice reminders with the future action syntax to speak: "In 20 minutes remind me using the speaker to turn off the fan". Of course, you COULD just say "In 20 minutes turn off the family room fan".

You should test the reminder without the future action part to make sure it works (remind me using the speaker this is a test) and then test future actions to make sure you know that syntax (in 20 minutes turn off the family room fan) before you try to combine the two for a future reminder.

The reminder voice command uses the dictation engine, which means that if your ASR profile on that computer had some training from a different person, then the dictation is not going to work as well because dictation is what uses the training more than anything. If you are the only one that uses that speaker client though, then training obviously can help with dictation work. What you have to realize though is that the dictation engine only has around 10,000 words, and it will not work well at all if the computer is overworked, so with that in mind don't ask it to remind you to go to "Picadilly's and pick up a sauerkraut sandwich on pumpernickel bread". ;-)
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                  so with that in mind don't ask it to remind you to go to "Picadilly's and pick up a sauerkraut sandwich on pumpernickel bread". ;-)
                  Then for me VR reminders are just plain useless. Sauerkraut sandwiches on pumpernickel bread are my favorite, and nobody makes 'em better than Picadilly!

Comment

Originally posted by MPodlin View Post
                    I had put it a request to add the local phone/way2call option to remind via dialing the local house instead of using the speaker client. Waiting to see if that gets added to a future release.
                    The Pod
                    I was looking to do something like this but it does not see to be there yet. Did you get a response about the possible addition of this feature when you requested? I have found my internal phone to be the best interface I have into HS2 so far and this would just make that even better...

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Char27 View Post
                      I was looking to do something like this but it does not see to be there yet. Did you get a response about the possible addition of this feature when you requested? I have found my internal phone to be the best interface I have into HS2 so far and this would just make that even better...

Thanks,
                      Well I put the request in 130+ days ago (before paid support) and never got any response. Now that I upgraded to HSPRO, I asked about that help ticket and the only response I got is from Rupp who says its in there but I can't seem to find out how! Only options I see are the "Speaker Client", "Phone Call" or "E-mail Message". Selecting "Phone Call" is forcing me to add a phone number in the last column before I can add that VRemind setup. I would be nice that if the number field wasn't filled in, HS would just ring the internal phones for the reminder!

Comment

bmora,

What kind of microphone are you using?

--Dan
                        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                        X