TI103 Configuration Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TI103 Configuration Error

I get an error dialog when I click on the TI103 'config' button.

-------------------------
    Run-time error '13';
    Type mismatch
    -------------------------

This is a new install of a new TI103. The TI103 responds to a test string on the serial port. Here are some relevant log entries.

6/17/2008 7:25:09 PM - Startup - HomeSeer version 2.2.0.76 Starting Now (Standard Build)
    6/17/2008 7:25:11 PM - Info - Found plug-in: ACT TI103, version: 2.0.0.0
    6/17/2008 7:25:20 PM - Info - Initializing X10 Plug-in: ACT TI103 On COM Port 1
    6/17/2008 7:25:20 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: ACT TI103
    6/17/2008 7:25:20 PM - Info - TI103 Plug-in, Version 2.0.0
    6/17/2008 7:25:20 PM - COM Plugin Erro - Error initializing X10 Interface: Invalid port number
    6/17/2008 7:25:20 PM - Info - Finished initializing X10 interface ACT TI103

The 103 is not on COM1, there is nothing on COM. COM1 is a MOBO port on which I did not put a connector. Obviously I cannot chnage this setting because the config utton does not work. I could not find any setting in any file or registry entry that seemed to apply so I am unable to sneak in.

Is this a bug? Even if the new 103 is broken or the port is somehow unusable or busy I would not expect a dialog like this would be a resaonable response. I have found other posts on this site that mention this dialog but there were no responses that addressed this issue. Does any know how to deal with this?

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when you launch the config ?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for responding. No log entries appear in the log file when I click on the config button.

Comment

What browser are you using? If it's not IE try IE.

Comment

It is IE, on Vista, running local to the Homeseer host

Comment

Hold on. I've been misleading you. There is no config for the TI-103. The com port is enetered in the com port column for this plugin.

Comment

Comment

Is your TI on port 5? According to the HomeSeer log file the TI-103 plugin isn't communicating with your hardware. Do you have another X10 interface pluged in?

Comment

Yes, TI103 is on port 5. No other X10 devices are on the system.

Comment

What type of interface are you using for COM5?
                    I have seen problems with some USB-Serial adapters.
                    You might try a test using COM1 on your mobo.
                    Also, how long is the serial cable between your PC and the Ti103?

The only config item available thru the web interface on a machine other than the HS machine is the COM port. A config button is presented when you access setup/interfaces from a browser on the HS machine.
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

I am using a Digiport card from Digi, it has 8 com ports on a breakaout cable which is two feet long. It works very well. As I mentionrd in post #7 I am able to access the 103 using a terminal emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlamb View Post
                        I am using a Digiport card from Digi, it has 8 com ports on a breakaout cable which is two feet long. It works very well. As I mentionrd in post #7 I am able to access the 103 using a terminal emulator.
                        But you said the communications were not valid. Do you have a com port to try?

Comment

I tried this on port 1, got the same reaction.

Comment

This is generally straight forward. You plugin the device, load the plugin and enable it. And it works. At this point I would recommend trying the hardware on another PC and load a trial version of HomeSeer and the plugin and see if it will work. If not I would suspect the hardware may be bad.

Comment

When HS inititalizes the Ti103 plugin, it performs the following actions:
                              Open the specified com port
                              Attempt to communicate with the Ti103 at 9600 baud
                              If that fails, attempt to communicate at 19200 baud
                              If that fails, report unable to communicate with Ti103

You stated that you tried to communicate directly with the Ti103 (using HyperTerm I assume) and this was the result:
                              The response from the Ti should follow what's in the docs (I don't have them with me at the moment) and from the response you show it looks like there is either a baud rate issue, a cabling issue, or a Ti103 hardware issue (which is rare but does happen).

You should check the all the DIP switches in the Ti103 and make sure they're setup according to the supplied docs.

Let me know if any of the above suggestions don't resolve the issue and we can explore getting you a debug version for testing.
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
                              X