cent-a-meter vs rfxcom power monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cent-a-meter vs rfxcom power monitoring

Ok so this is a opinion only post asking of which of the 2 should I get and what is the reason for the 1 over the other?

Once I immediately decided to monitor my power (within 2 weeks of ordering)
    I jumped to cheapertronics site...
    the only thing stopping me is the cost...

the one cheapertronics has is about $100% more than the cent-a-meter.

So I am looking for people that have 1 or the other and what they think.....
    I want to use the rfxcom charts so will still need to buy the rfxcom plugin.
    I do have a rfxcom 433 antennea.....

also looking at the rfxcom plugin it supports the cent-a-meter

which of the 2 is a better piece of hardware?

cent-a-meter
    pro:
    **LCD for sitting on counter
    **Cost - $162 delivered
    con:
    ??????

rfxcom power meter
    pro:
    ?????
    con:
    **Cost - $324 to my door!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

The cent-a-meter is used in a different way as the RFXPwr.

The cent-a-meter can be used to measure current and in the RFXCOM plug-in you can set warning and alarm levels on each input sensor and also on this device. If one of the levels exceeds the limit set a message is send to the RFXCOM Message Panel and an event can be made that sends for example a text message (SMS).

The RFXMeter is the device that has the ability to have up to 3 metering modules inserted. This can be an RFXPwr for power metering or an RFXPulse for pulse metering. If a gas or water meter have a dry-relay contact this can be connected to the RFXPulse to measure the usage. It is also possible to connect a Photo Sensor to the RFXPulse to measure blinking LED pulses or when a reflective-optical sensor is used it is possible to measure mirror passes like done on the Dutch gas meters.

So in short:
    To measure momentary current you have to use the cent-a-meter.
    To measure real power usage you have to use the RFXMeter+RFXPwr module(s)
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X