Log Errors and Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Errors and Warnings

Does anyone know if HS has a function to find out how many errrors and warnings have happened since start time? Is there a function I can call from a script? Or is there a script which already parses the log and returns these two numbers? I am not a great script writer so if one already exists I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Felix

HomeSeer does not offer a method to do this but you could use the logmonitor plugin available in the scripts library to trigger on a particular key word and keep a count that way or use one of the existing log monitoring plugins like UltraLog to track this information.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

log stuff

Rupp, thanks for your reply. UltraLog looks pretty good. I will consider it for more heavy lifting when i need it. Currently, I did write my own script that collects some relevant stuff and emails it to me. Impressed myself even.

But, my next challenge is email sending. It is my understanding that HS only sends plain text emails. In fact, the script i currently have only has two strings which i can append to: subject and body. When I receive these emails in MS Outlook they are recognised as plain text (even though I have some HTML formating in it. Is there a way for me to make Outlook think this is an HTML email?

Thanks much
      Felix

Comment

Working...
      X