x-10 switchlinc problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-10 switchlinc problem

i have mostly insteon stuff but the only remaining x-10 device i have is an x-10 switchlinc in my living room which controls a set of recessed lights.

it worked for a long time without problems, but lately (for a few months now) it has completely stopped responding to homeseer.

there is nothing i can think of that i have added that would cause noise on the line.

any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

eventually i want to just replace it with an insteon switch but i just havent gotten there yet.

a thought just occurred to me - i wonder if somehow it lost its x-10 address?? but i cant find the manual - how do i reset the x10 address on an x10 switchlinc?

Comment

ok i found the manual which said to press and hold the set button for 3 seconds until it starts flashing. then send the desired address from any transmitter.

so i did so and send the A2 from homeseer and it was nto reaching the switchlinc. so it is a signal issue.

i just cant figure out what changed which would cause the signal to not reach the switchlinc. driving me nuts.

Comment

well all I can say is that when i am unable to program my togglelinc switches (non insteon) I have to do the same thing... press that button in for a few seconds.. light turns on and then use a palmpad to hit the code... always works great.. but the last time it didnt...

seems that I added a ups and it created noise on the line and fubarred up my x10...

then also I just noticed that I just had another noise issue.. my x10 motion flood light wont shut off.. ran around unplugging things then tried it and viola...

so dont rule out noise...
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

man i just have SO MUCH stuff in the house that i could unplug that it would take me FOREVER to do it that way. i think i have always had problems with noise to a certain extent because back before insteon when all my stuff was x-10, i would always have problems and was never able to really find the source of the noise - it was always a losing battle.

i guess i gotta just bite the bullet and get the insteon switch and take the time to install it. it just drives me nuts that it used to work and then one day it just stopped.

Comment

Working...
          X