muilti-device event loses devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muilti-device event loses devices

OK, that title probably makes no sense at all but I am only on my first cup of coffee... but I digress....

So I've got an event called all lights off. Pretty self explanatory but here's the problem, there are probably 20 or 25 devices that are turned off with this event and it took a while to add all the devices to the event. Now every time I change or delete one device in the system, the event goes blank and I have to add all the devices back to it..... ack! Any ideas ya'll?
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

That's really odd, I have an event that does the same thing and as I change or delete a device, only that device disappears from the event. I wonder if it's an oddity with Zwave? I've been on a conversion to UPB and as I replace an X10 switch with UPB I notice the reference to the deleted switch disappears from all events.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

It sounds like it could be a corrupt database issue... I'm not sure if there's a way to verify the integrity of the HS database or not, but I'm sure someone might chime in here if there is.

Alternately, I would suggest completely deleting the event and re-creating the whole thing from scratch. If the event is corrupt that might fix it. Besides... you should be pretty good at re-creating it by now

Brett

Comment

You could always break the devices into groups of 3 or 5, that way you would only have to add back a few devices. There might be a slight delay between groups, but which is the lesser of the two evils. I used to do this back when I was X10, infact my outside lights event is still setup that way
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Or, build a script that is easier to maintain.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by thymer View Post
            OK, that title probably makes no sense at all but I am only on my first cup of coffee... but I digress....

So I've got an event called all lights off. Pretty self explanatory but here's the problem, there are probably 20 or 25 devices that are turned off with this event and it took a while to add all the devices to the event. Now every time I change or delete one device in the system, the event goes blank and I have to add all the devices back to it..... ack! Any ideas ya'll?
            OK let me see if I have got this right. You have an event controlling the devices, not an event running a script controlling the devices?

If it is an event not a script what version of HS are you running?

Changing devices which are associated with events, (scripts is obvious, you have to change the script), HS has never been that happy about it's root foundation being changed.

If you change a device, thinking about it why would you wish to change a device apart from House and Unit Code, and if you change that then any associated events will not know what to listen to unless you change the event.

Of course the event goes blank, you have removed it's source. The device is the feed for all things you wish to control. HomeSeer is pretty bright, but it is not intelegent, it relays on what you tell it to do, and that what you are asking is available to it.

DoMotion is the only HS plugin which I use and have come across that will detect some changes in the device and alter it's Data Base.

Do not expect a HAL9000 series from HomeSeer, Stanley Kubrick and Dr. Chandra did not leave their notes as to how to do it, at least they have not been found yet.

If you change devices expect problems unless you have thought it through.

I know this does not help your problem, but hopes it gives an understanding, as I see it.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
            X