rain sensor into homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rain sensor into homeseer

Ok so I just paid for a x10 thermostat so that will be coming soon...

im in the works on a trade with someone for my hobbyboards stuff for their rain8 x10. I know it is only 1 way.. I dont use the polling feature in HS anyway and with the built in timed off in the rain8 I am not worried..

however once we finalize this and I get it (I do not have a sprinkler yet) I may run out and buy a few sprinkler heads for the wifes flowers and garden and try to use it......

however is there a easy to use rain sensor that can be tied into hs so it wont try and water when it is raining?

we are currently only allowed to water on even days and 6am-10am and 6pm-9pm

so moving a sprinkler around is getting tiring.... either I will pay someone to do the sprinkler system or im gonna start hooking up a head here and there....

~Jeff
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

I use a traditional rain gauge hooked into a ds-10. The guage is ontop of an enclosure that holds the ds-10. I placed it on the wall outise of where my rf reciever is.

Comment

You can use this to bypass the system if it's raining.
      http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/RS...-p/rsd-bex.htm
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        You can use this to bypass the system if it's raining.
        http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/RS...-p/rsd-bex.htm
        nice... so is that the only one? how does it hookup? I see it has a long wire on it....
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

When it senses water it breaks the circuit to the common wire to the sprinkler system. The system continues to run as though it thinks the zones are on but they never turn on due to the broken circuit. Once it dries out the circuit is reconnected.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I use the mcsSprinklers plugin with HS to control my irrigation system.

It has the ability to schedule and inhibit irrigation based upon weather information routinely downloaded from the internet:

temperature
            wind speed
            UV index
            relative humidity
            rainfall
            predicted rainfall

When your sprinklers run a full cycle, it sets the 'soil moisture' to 100%. It then continually updates the moisture based upon weather conditions and future irrigation.

I have mine set to run whenever the soil moisture falls below 30%, further restricted to the hours of 5:00am-11:00am

There is a free trial period.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

Working...
            X